PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best lighting for texturing?

davidsloss
02-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Hello.

I am texture mapping a character and am wondering what lighting conditions are best to use.

The character may appear in a bunch of different scenes and under a variety of lighting setups. I understand that the textures may need to be adjusted to fit each lighting setup, but obviously I want to make that process as efficient as possible, so...

Is there a 'neutral lighting' setup that I can use in the texturing process which will result in the textures looking as good as possible under many different lighting conditions?

Thanks a bunch! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

David

Noodlz
03-30-2005, 01:09 PM
i just use a custom light setup consisting of 3 points at 0.5 intensity in a triangular position with 2 directional lights at 0.2 intensity and then a spotlight on the character, a good starting point, but i'm sure theres more elaborate setups out there but its all up to you mostly doing test renders and seeing what looks good :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2005, 01:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.