PDA

View Full Version : 10 Seconds Club Entry

pritishd
02-11-2005, 08:16 AM
Hey Guy,

This is my entry for the 10 sec club. I tried to make look like a "President" speech or a broadcaster delivering a message

Please turn it inside out.

http://student.vfs.com/~3d47pritish/10SecClub.avi

Also you may need to download the following Codec to view the clip

http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

Thanks

Pritish

nathanwallis
02-11-2005, 09:45 AM
twas a little jerky on mine is that right??? might not be finished.....nice idea about the president preaching....

pritishd
02-11-2005, 10:02 AM
twas a little jerky on mine is that right??? might not be finished.....nice idea about the president preaching....

Did you download the Codec

Pritish

freakmoomin
02-12-2005, 01:00 PM
hey

this plays jerky for me also.........

but from what i can see (was really jerky and so this may be crap....)

i think you need to make it a lot more snappy, holding poses for longer and snapping from pose to pose, seems a little floaty at the moment. and maybe make some poses a little more extreme.

cheers

MattVogt
02-16-2005, 05:48 PM
I like it! I'd consider tuning the arm/hand poses through out the first quarter. The fingers look like they're holding the same pose during that time... speaking of time I noticed that when he says "kind" his arm movements are late, and the "hue" part seems just a tad delayed but not noticable during the first play. The hue part it awesome, love the lipsync and head movements they work together nicely, bang up 10sec clip!

kgaulin
02-17-2005, 12:39 AM
looks good, maybe just a little more movement with the eyes

jchristo
02-17-2005, 04:28 AM
Looking pretty good. I love the small head movements as well. I also like contrasting composure and feeling to the statement. Maybe make some of the beginning hand gestures a little bigger. Would just make things more interesting. Very nice.

Abhimation
02-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey Pritish,

1)I'd like if ya try to act out bit more....
2)You can try lifting the hands up from that table and express the vocals thru some hand actions above it.
3) Check for the follow thru of the movement from Body to Head....

its happenin nice.. goodluck

pritishd
03-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Hey Guys,

Been working a lot on the animation. Finally managed to finish it on time. Thanks a lot for the suggestions. That helped me out lot in putting some major changes. Well here it is

http://student.vfs.com/~3d47pritish/7164.mpg

This was my 1st lip sync after VFS. So I learned a lot. I know there are still a few fixes, but I will do that at a later date. But I would definately like to add some of your suggestions to my list.

Thanks a lot once again
Pritish

SkyePhelps
03-02-2005, 10:07 PM
It's looking pretty good so far... but there are a few tweaks that you need to work on. If you watch the head, you have some good movement going, but it gets pixel locked after your movements, in other words, it stays in place when the rest of the body and arms are moving. The head should actually sway a bit more than that, and should never be at a complete stop, also you need more follow through movement on it, it looks like you key it, and then just drag a copy of that key to the next spot so it stays in place, until it needs to move again, I would suggest the large movements you have going on, but then slightly pull it back a bit.

Think of it this away. When you punch at something, your fist doesn't just stop in place, it jerks back a bit, but over all it will stay in place. Your head should be doing the same thing in this case, jerking to one side, and then ever so slightly pulling back when you're trying to stop yourself. The best example of this I can see in your animation is his left hand when it pulls back at 9 and 10 seconds, but for the head I would pull it back faster.

You can do this for most of the different movements in your animation, and it will give it a easy secondary motion feel to it, if you make the fix above to the head, hands, and back, your animtion should flow much smoother...

Best of luck to you, and I hope all that made sense above. :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.