PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle Flash

nathanwallis
02-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Anyone have any good ways to create a muzzle flash??? Trying to use afterburn but think it may be overkill for my mini project, just needs to be quick and dirty (like the rest of the animation!! ;) Check out my signature for the relevant link

Wally ;)

wrench000
02-11-2005, 11:36 PM
Well since most guns don't have muzzle flash (mini guns don't have muzzle flash either, not any I have seen) why do you need it? Well Artilery and tanks have flashes but most guns don't, I think you would be better off creating smoke with a velocity to give authentic look. Unless your not shooting for realistic ;)

EricMLevy
02-11-2005, 11:47 PM
muzzle flash is pretty easy. set up a particle system or even an animated texture that swaps between like 7 images of muzzle flash. some muzzle flash images come with combustion, or make them yourself.

nathanwallis
02-12-2005, 12:58 AM
cool thanks, i ended up doing an alright looking one with after burn....check out the link in my signature....didn't realise they don't have muzzle flashes, I was just using a picture from T2 as reference and arnie the governor has a muzzle flash so I thought I better have one too!! ;)

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.