PDA

View Full Version : Character : Sci Fi Girl with a Gun

foreverendering
02-11-2005, 02:43 AM
about 10hr photoshop

http://plaza.ufl.edu/jeremyg/images/gunchick1000.jpg

Hi everyone, just looking for crits and comments...

Thanks

Tronno
02-11-2005, 02:50 AM
I like the color theme, but the girl's pose looks like she's... well... posing with the gun. Like a booth babe at a gun show or something. Try some more dynamic poses for future sketches.

foreverendering
02-11-2005, 02:52 AM
:) Good point

Got any suggestions for where I can look to get ideas for better poses? I always have trouble with that part....

Maybe I should just start digging through my old comic books

Appreciate your reply

DimitrisK
02-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Well, the best way to get accurate poses is to use a digital camera and shoot the pose you need. It is unlikely that you will manage to find the exact pose you need on the internet. From what I understand people usually look to xxx sites for ref. material. Work and pleasure... As for the comic book thing, I don't recomend it. Artist's usually manipulate the proportions of the human body when it comes to comics.

foreverendering
02-12-2005, 01:52 AM
XXX sites you say?

Good idea, though maybe I should keep that 'reference' a secret from my girlfriend, might be awkward to explain..

"No seriously sweety, it's for my artwork!"

Thanks for your reply man :) Much appreciated

visionist
02-12-2005, 02:08 AM
I had a teacher that use to go to strip clubs to draw, he says its nice cause u havta draw fast and you get the positioning of the stick character really fast and u can just take it home and finish it up.

~~Visionist~~

ajay1589
02-13-2005, 04:48 AM
looks like you guys are making some excuses to have a little easy pleasure ;D
not that i care or mind

Viekoslav
02-13-2005, 05:42 AM
hey,

Good start. I think the pose is fine. I like the blank stare on her eyes and the way she holds her right arm to her face. I just can't see why she would be holding a gun! :shrug: Maybe a different facial expression? Another thing, Her left upper arm area seems a bit flabby. Doesn't quite fit with her abs. Keep at it!

StylusMonkey
02-13-2005, 08:36 AM
I think Sci-Fi Girls with Guns has to be the most overplayed cliche in concept design since...well...ever.

DKR1138
02-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Yeah but hot girls with guns is always a good idea... :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-13-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.