PDA

View Full Version : realistic tower flying: Need advice and critique!!

Carbendi
02-10-2005, 11:28 PM
i am tryin to make the firework realistic what should i do? any comments are welcome!!

http://www.zeusevleri.com/ucuc/ucamazsindedilerucdum.zip

10 second animation im divx codec. hope you like it :)

scrimski
02-11-2005, 07:26 PM
OK here we go:

I think you should go closer. In film editing theres something called 'establishing shot' where the scene, person etc. are introduced, usually by a total shot like yours, and when the action starts, you change to one or several medium close-up shots or full close-up shots in order to catch the details and to add more visual attraction to it by keeping the viewers eye busy with new point of views. The tower and the camera could start shaking before it lifts of, some smoke on it's base would add some, erm realism. And the speed of the animation, well I thin such a heavy object shouldn't fly away that fast, at least not from the very beginning. In your cas the tower is slower at the end than at the start. Reverse that. Remember this is a huge heavy thing with a weight of several tons and not some firework stuff.dd some debris falling from the tower, some dust on the ground blasted away etc. Smoke trail could use some tweaking too, but I have no clue about particles, so I can't give you any advice(sorry). I think you could have a look on footage of space shuttle starts as a reference.

Hope I was not to hard,
keep it going, nice idea btw.

What's that for?

nathanwallis
02-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Good ideas, those things would help alot....go for it ;)

ktamiola
02-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Hi...

Take into account dust and combustion fumes! Once Your rocket is on the ground (during the ignition) enormous amout of fumes and dust is released horizontally - like wave of hot air. If You place camera near tower and use close-up of engines, You may try to simulate incoming wave of combustion fumes and dust.

Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.