PDA

View Full Version : Tree Transparency trouble

capsulegraphics
02-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Hello... I am building a forest of low poly trees in maya. If you look at the picture I posted you will see the problem. there is a white border around the color portion of the render, yet not in the alpha. You can see there is no border present in either the alpha or the color channel of the original Texture file. I have mapped the out transparency of the file to the transparency of the shader node. Alpha gain is set to 1. Can anyone help me figure out where this border is coming from, and how to get rid of it? I have tried changing the default color of the file node and also have tried adjusting the coverage of the texture to no avail. Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

douglas.

http://www.capsulegraphics.com/treeprob/treeprob.jpg

floze
02-10-2005, 11:52 PM
What happens if you disconnect and then reconnect the transparency? We had a similar prob just two threads upward..
What kind of filetype do you use? Maybe try a different one?

BillSpradlin
02-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Make sure the default color is set to black and that your Shadow Attenuation under the raytrace options of the base shader is set to 0.

capsulegraphics
02-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the help and advice. Turns out that the .SGI file format I was using kept my Photoshop erasures as white blobs in the color channel, only visible in maya. Switched to TGA format, and everything is fine now.

doug.

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.