PDA

View Full Version : learning tablet painting

EthanReitz
02-10-2005, 09:14 PM
this is my first digital painting with my new (used) wacom 6X8 tablet. Very fun to use. Painted in photoshop.

Call it 'snake eyes a spaceman' - actually it's sort of an extended doodle with detail going into anything that caught my fancy just trying to learn how the brushes work. Used Dodge and Burn quite a bit. Painted on one layer.

I read a bit about painting game textures one to one and that was kind of in my head when I did this so I left the resolution quite low and painted some of the details with a single pixel brush.

Any comments or critique that comes to mind would definitely be helpful to me as I have never done this although I've seen quite a bit of excellent work here on cgtalk.

Goliath
02-10-2005, 10:19 PM
hello, imo the background is too "blurred" or smeared. but i dont know what you are going for...
i think it would look better if you put some black tones on the metal, some more contrast,
and maybe add some of the colors you have used for the background as metal reflects quite alot..

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.