PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Science-Fiction Filmlet "REDEMPTION"

Vali
02-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Hello everyone,

Here is the download link to my first short movie: "REDEMPTION" It is a cruel and dark future vision of a civilization and a huge conflict. A spacepilot returns together with his killed friend from a spacebattle. He doesn't find any survivors of the apocalypse and buries his dead friend someplace on the fragment of a destroyed planet and remembers what happened.

http://www.hdm-stuttgart.de/~vs016/redemption/Download/redemption_englisch_divx.avi
(Click Save As..., Divx 5.11, 48 MB)

Further infos:

Longest rendertime per frame: 11h 55min
Most polygons: ca. 4 mio
Original resolution: 1024x576
Framecount: 10.500
Time: 7:00 min
Renderfiles: 82.000 files, 336 GB harddisk
Sourcefiles: 7.000 files, 16 GB harddisk
Time to create: 4 months (Oct-Jan)/12 hours a day
Music: "The Passion of the Christ" - Soundtrack
Created in Dolby Digital 5.1

Downloads and more details to "Redemption" on the official site: www.redemption.valisoft.com (http://www.redemption.valisoft.com/).

Greetz & thanks for comments
Vali

wernerheld
02-24-2005, 05:12 PM
hi vali,
as I said.. I like the modelling and the look & feel of redemption. the characters are good but could be better. the music fits very good ...

a nice short! :thumbsup:

I didn't understand that nobody has answerd till now...

regards
werner

wernerheld
02-24-2005, 05:17 PM
sorry for duplicate posting.

Joblh
02-24-2005, 06:32 PM
beautifull! :applause: This is the reason why i prefer to go to the finished animation section instead of the 3D stills section ;)

(ps, music is a little bit boring)

Bubbble
02-24-2005, 06:48 PM
it is true that the games of actors could have been more expressive, more to work, seen the topic,otherwise it is very beautiful.

:thumbsup:

Lee Qid
02-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Schön!
A nice little story you've got there. Really beautifull - yet sad. It really left a big impression. A part of which is the colour setting, the mood and the music. Very good choice there.
The animation of the characters in a few scenes is very good almost motion capture like. But strange in other scenes. Is that due to your learning curve or did somebody experienced help you?

Great job anyway - congratulations.

mehdianim
02-25-2005, 12:06 AM
I like the look but the animation needs a lot mroe work to make the piece interesting.

* when the guy carries his friend's dead body the body is just stiff, the logs the arms nothing bobs around like it should. and it's especially obvious when he starts to put him down and the whole body slides off his arms like one block of wood.

* When the guy looks at the city he looks more pissed off than horrified or sad or anything else. Plus after seeing the planet itself before landing he couldn't expect mush better either so he should look destraught from the start in my opinion.

* Also his scream was funny because his eyes cross, it doesn't help. Madness shows better when the eyes are smaller surrounded by a big white eyeball. But again his reaction to the sight of the city looked like one of anger and thirst for blood and revenge not despair, which is why I was let down but the ending :/ .

Since the whole film is rather fatalistic (meaning nothing can be done at this point) that despair should show in the chracter's action the most to carry this animation well.

Visuals are great though, acting is bad :p

CGTalk Moderation
02-25-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.