PDA

View Full Version : render settings for 15 min of footage

garbagemonkey
02-10-2005, 06:46 PM
I've got this animated DVD intro that contains an .avi clip of video footage, and am ready to render it with the intent of then using Premiere Pro to burn
it to DVD.

But, what options do I select when I render it? When I click make movie,
uncompressed .avi, or Microsoft dv it creates a file which is 15 minutes but
~27.5 gigs in size. Whoa! I tried burning it and Premier said that size was
to big for the DVD disc. I want to maintain a very high quality as this is for professional DVD use, not a demo reel.

What settings would you use to render something that you then want to burn
to dvd?

thanks if anyone who has done this can help!!!

Rapier
02-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Hello. When you render from AE, make sure you have a video compressor on it (Microsoft DV would work) and that the audio box is checked to output audio. This should give you a good size file, but should easily fit on a DVD. If you are planning on burning the file to a DVD for use as a playable disk in a DVD player and NOT simply a data storage one, you will need to open it in a program like Premiere and convert it to MPG2 format. I never use After Effects for Mpg encoding, so I am not sure what it's capabilities are in that regard. Premiere Pro can do it, But if you have access to Adobe Encore or other dedicated DVD authoring program, that would be your best bet. If you elect to encode your video with Premiere, a good way to encode is with variable pass bit rate, and let Premiere do the thinking for you with defaults, unless you are well versed in DVD settings.

Hope that helps.

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.