PDA

View Full Version : [max5] Custom attributes

KiboOst
09-13-2002, 05:36 PM
Hi folks !

As Iain Mcfadzen said me, I've configure some custom attribute on my hand helper to animate the fingers. It works nice ,-) A bit long to configure, but so nice.
Ok, so now I can get several poses for the hand without any problem. BUT, is there a way to make a tool/another CA? to have some config of these CA, to quickly go from one pose to another instead of adjusting all these CA ?

Thanks

Kib

yoni-cohen
09-14-2002, 02:42 AM
there is a script.. anipose...

Ani pose 2.12 3ds max 4.x 5/6/2002 Downloads: 1787
Anipose is a small util for making the task of repeatable poses in animation (ani - pose ..... do you see?) much simpler. Take for instance a hand. It can make many different poses, and you'll probably be using them time and again. So instead of having to reanimate them every time you can use anipose. What it does is blend object positions and rotaions and scales from the current frame to a stored pose. Think of it like morphing but only on whole object locations instead of single verts.
2.12 Update: clicking << or >> on the load bank dialog no longer crashes when list is empty. Added callbacks for new, load and reset that ask for a bank save if changes have been made.

--not sure if it supports custom attributes

KiboOst
09-14-2002, 08:28 AM
Hey thanks, seems to be exactly what I need !! :beer:

Kib

KiboOst
09-14-2002, 08:49 AM
humm well I got a lot of problem with it. bones suddenly scaled after switching between poses, or rotations are totally wrong (180 of the pose !!), etc etc..
That's sad, because it is exactly what I need :hmm:

yoni-cohen
09-15-2002, 04:30 PM
it's not that hard to change values..
simply make few buttons and each has a setting for the fingers

yoni-cohen
09-15-2002, 05:18 PM
I've made a simple max scene with a bones hand each finger is wired so that you only controll its root.
added custom attribute to the palm.

made a tiny script that changes the values for the palm.

you could make it more powerful and interactive to the user

yoni-cohen
09-15-2002, 05:27 PM
I've made a simple max scene with a bones hand each finger is wired so that you only controll its root.
added custom attribute to the palm.

made a tiny script that changes the values for the palm.

you could make it more powerful and interactive to the user

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.