PDA

View Full Version : Kids Fairies

vfxmatt
02-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Hello

This is a very short piece of Animation I did last night.And left it rendering overnight so that i could composite it before i went to work.

Its for a Previz of a Kids T.V Series im working on.

http://www.matoons.com/pictures/anim_011.jpg

http://www.matoons.com/ross/Can_faire.mov

WillieT
02-10-2005, 02:40 PM
The timing on the landing is just fine.. but the movement of the arms and head are too slow, not deliberate enough and that makes it look floaty. When he comes to the ground, have him just slightly drop down and have a meaningfull transfer of weight onto his legs.

good work, keep going

freakmoomin
02-10-2005, 07:06 PM
hey

this looks really weird and not quite right...........

but you know what...i really quite like it the way it is.... if you were looking at it in a traditional way, their would be a few things you would need to fix for it to look better..... but it has its own style at the moment and i really like it...

it looks almost stop motion....or kinda dreamy/hazy.

i like this

cheers

vfxmatt
02-11-2005, 07:30 AM
Thanks for your comments.As the Project continues Ill send more updates.The deadlines for this kinda thing are always to short.

Ls3D
02-15-2005, 08:43 PM
The visable shoe seems to be floating a bit.

I would like to see movement suggesting a shift from being held up by wings, then touching down and balancing. Sounds obvious but having done some paragliding and animating I can not help but wonder about a creature with wings - they are not lifted from their center of gravity, but rather from the shoulders and back (in theory) - so I think the transition from those forces to balancing on feet would be more pronounced. Watch birds land on a wire and use their tails to compensate for further inspiration (and fresh air). Perhaps overthinking on my part but what the eck.

-S

vfxmatt
02-16-2005, 06:49 AM
your right the center of gravity is wrong.Ive just finished blocking out the first episode and ill make sure the animation is centered correctly.THanks for your very helpfull comment.good Description of what was wrong.thanks.:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.