PDA

View Full Version : how to compose 2 movies?

Mizu
02-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Hi

Could someone tell me how to compose a movie recorded on a camera, with 3D movie?

I want to make a movie with my hand turning to stone and i know it's possible, you just use something like a green/pink/blue color on areas that you dont want to be seen. but i dont know what to do next:sad:

I made a movie in real time, and then a 3D movie with the area i want to turn to stone modeled and animated so the texture is spreading all over my hand.

Could you tell me step by step how to compose those movies?

Thanks

jussing
02-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Well, this should be quite simple. Let me see if I understood you correct. You have:

a) a live action video recording of the hand
b) the CG stone texture, already animated so it spreads correctly?

Well, you need to get the animation of the spreading represented in the alpha channel, and then compositing will be a walk in the park.

What you need to do in your 3D package is to make everything but the stone material transparent.

And then you render to a file format that supports alpha channel, like Quicktime Animation, Quality 100%, Million of colors+, or a Targa sequence with Alpha option turned on.

Then you smack the stone click on top of your live action clip in compositing, and you're flying. ;)

Cheers,
- Jonas

Mizu
02-13-2005, 06:10 PM
It worked, but it doesn't look like i wanted it to look:(

i have problemns with lights, how can i add a 3D light to real time life movie?

I mean, i generally know what to do, you make a replica of real life movie architecture in 3D that you want to be lighten up and you add lights in 3D's max. but i dont know what material to add to the lightened surface to make it look really good when i compose the animation to my real life movie:sad:

thanks for the reply jussing, i though my thread will end up dead:bounce:

PS: sorry for my english

CGTalk Moderation
02-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.