PDA

View Full Version : Conserve for geometry (like particles)

mediasaurus
02-10-2005, 12:10 AM
Particles have the wonderful ability to change their "conserve" value (how much their motion is affected by previous frame's motion). As far as I can tell, actual geometry doesn't have this ability.

Here's my situation. I'm using a curveField (stroikaDynamics plug-in) which is similar to a vortex field. When the geometry spins, it gets thrown away from the curve due to its centrifugal force. When particles do this, I just turn down their conserve value and they continue to spiral around my curve.

I'm having a tornado destroy a barn which is composed of a lot of separate geometry that needs to get sucked into the tornado and not get thrown away from it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

destruct007
02-10-2005, 06:44 PM
I assume you mean geometry like rigid bodies... they have Damp it's not like conserve in it's strength, a small value normally doesn't do much, so crank it up and you should get the result you are looking for.

--Dave

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.