PDA

View Full Version : New Maya book is out

JohnPark
02-10-2005, 01:01 AM
My book is out, yay! You can find out more on my site (see my signature) or on Amazon, but here's the official blurb:

Understanding 3D Animation Using Maya is a self-study toolkit that will provide you with both the foundation for understanding 3D computer graphics and the specifics for learning the fundamentals of Maya: workspace, modeling, animation, shading, lighting, and rendering.

Thanks!
-JP

digita
02-10-2005, 01:15 AM
We know that the shipping weight of this book is 1.4 pounds. But what does this new book offer that the 8 pr so pdfs and tutorials that comes with Maya 6 documentation and some twenty other books from Alias to Sybex publishers , from beginner to advance, on Maya has not? :)

kraal
02-10-2005, 07:03 AM
yeah i have to say i am yet to be impressed by any maya book. ( work at a bookstore and have ordered every single one out there).

this one i have yet to see but just by the over view i think it might cover too much info , again not getting into the specifics needs to excel in the program. I just think most books cover the basics which is already covered in the help files and online tuts.... a book should provide you with something you cannot get from manuals and help files.... my 2 cents ends here

Dr. Ira Kane
02-10-2005, 07:21 AM
We know that the shipping weight of this book is 1.4 pounds. But what does this new book offer that the 8 pr so pdfs and tutorials that comes with Maya 6 documentation and some twenty other books from Alias to Sybex publishers , from beginner to advance, on Maya has not? :)
I'm curious too, but I'm afraid the answer is not good :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.