PDA

View Full Version : Mirroring Cluster weights on Face

sabathyus
02-09-2005, 07:29 PM
yo, I'm trying to speed up the process a bit. I have a bunch of clusters on this guys face to drive some expressions. But it's a real time killer to pick a cluster and weight the right ride then try to get the identical weight for the cluster on the other side.
I tried to Export out the cluster weight using the Paint Attribute Tool and then bring it into Photoshop, reversed it, and Import it to the opposite cluster. For some reason I couldn't get it to work so I don't know if this theory is flawed or I'm missing something obvious.

Anyone know any scripts or trick for mirroring cluster weights?

john_homer
02-09-2005, 07:54 PM
is there any reason you dont just use joints, and mirror them?

otherwise I would have thought (although I havent tried) that the method you described would work if your UV's are symetrical, and you filpped it in the correct direction..

.j

sabathyus
02-09-2005, 08:15 PM
I could use Joints but... this method is partially to amuse my supervisors curiousity and partially because I want to explore some other possiblilities later. So .... yeah, it has to be clusters.

sabathyus
02-09-2005, 09:48 PM
is there any reason you dont just use joints, and mirror them?

otherwise I would have thought (although I havent tried) that the method you described would work if your UV's are symetrical, and you filpped it in the correct direction..

.j

You might have something there. The UV guys are behind so they're just going to transfer the UVs later. Therefore, the model I'm doing now doesn't have totally correct UVs and that's probably screwing it up. I'm going to look into that.

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.