PDA

View Full Version : some little sketchs in Photoshop

visionist
02-09-2005, 10:25 AM
here are some sketchs i did in photoshop and my wacom playing around. each sketch took about 10-15 min.

this is the image i used as ref
http://www.costumes.org/history/victorian/boehn/modeartistique1888.jpg
I dont like the head i want to redo that part

~~Visionist~~

visionist
02-09-2005, 11:09 AM
this other image was just a little thing i did while i was bored i used ref for the wings

I want to sharpen and render one of these images but i tend to ruin the image and screw cause i am still knew with this digital painting stuff. all C&C welcom and to choose which pic i should render fist and any ideas on how i will go on doing that without screwing the image up too much.

~~Visionist~~

visionist
02-09-2005, 07:43 PM
No C&C that is sad :(

paperclip
02-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Hi!

As another (relatively) newbie, I can only offer what I've learned from traditional art, which is my background so far. You should start out by roughing out the general shapes of the objects, then define the light source, i.e make it lighter here, darker here. Remember, the strength of the light DIRECTLY affects the darkness of the shadow. Think about that while you're doing this.
Then comes the fun part. details.
Most people get a medium colour (like #6F6F6F) and throw black on it to get the shape of their objects. This is also where you can rough out where the light and darker parts (if you're doing a multicoloured picture.)
The tutorials on the sticky are excellent. You should give them a try.
You are doing really well for a noob! The angel's anatomy is pretty good, keep it up and you never know....you could be a master someday!
cheers,
paperclip.

visionist
02-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Thanksa man for the reply.

~~Visionist~~

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.