PDA

View Full Version : pursuit

3dcrt
02-09-2005, 04:24 AM
I've always been impressed with the quality of work on this site. So I posted this with some fear. It's a working class --animation--no art here. I thought I would chime in with mine. It isn't very fancy, and I removed the logos from the cars as well as the land detail. So no one would identify the players. I am interested in comments on the animation.

Anyway, I have never posted anything here, since you guys are real artists and I am kind of a hack, but here is the link and a pic....fire away.

Link removed....too much bandwidth....sorry

There are 2 camera views (in sequence), it's pretty lame but..what the heck, I am sure you guys would have some constructive comments.

http://www.3dcourt.com/d2.jpg

Spiffjackson
02-09-2005, 07:27 PM
I think you have a nice idea here. if you could find the time you might think about giving these cars a rig that you can control the banking and pitching of the suspension through the turns and lane changes. there just isn't enough anticipation in the movements and a car turning would have major secondary action. I like the idea and I think you have a nice little car chase here. I would like to see more destruction at the point of the crash. a roll over would be a nice touch. Maybe even have one of the cops smack into the fleeing criminal.
I think the biggest thing for me (and I realize that this is just a blocked out WIP) is the lack of rotation in the tires. To me that is the very first step in making a realistic car animation.

Just some things to think about. And remember, rarely is an animation finished. there is always something you can do to refine and tweak an animation to get the best possible results from your given skill level.

Keep chuggin along. I look forward to seeing more progress on this.

clint

CoreyJAvitar
02-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Hey,!
www.newplugins.com

If you learn how to use this plug, (I hope you use max)
it'll automate all of the suspension and stuff for you.
Really cool!

3dcrt
02-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Good suggestions. I'll get to work on it.

Actually I kinda know the guy who invented that plugin. I am not sure if it will work on max 7. I'll tweak the wheels, add some banking and turning and make a neat crash at the end.

CoreyJAvitar
02-10-2005, 12:33 AM
There is a version for max 7 now

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.