PDA

View Full Version : Architectural concept

C0mmie
02-09-2005, 03:24 AM
Most of my drawings in photoshop come out looking very sketchy. I'm trying to move away from that towards a more photorealistic look, so any advice on that is greatly appreciated.

In the drawing below, I basically have a background layer with the colors, and then a b/w "darken" layer for shadows. I'm using an Intuos2

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~amafusal/building.jpg

KatSArt
03-01-2005, 09:30 PM
well it's looking pretty good so far.... the perspective seems good as well...a suggestion on the shading and stuff: don't use darken or multiply layers. instead use a more blue toned and darker color then the base color of the object and paint it directly onto the same layer as you are blocking in the shapes. also try working progressively wth smaller brushes as you're working on the picture, you know, larger brush to block it in then as you continue working on it use a smaller brush until you get to the fine details.
another thing you want to pay attention to is the light source, you gotta make sure that it looks to be all coming from the same direction. for instance in that little cutout area if the light was coming from like mostly the left side but in front of the building then the area would be darker at the left and brightest on the right corner. *shrug* i don't do architecture very much but test it out anyway and see how it looks...

C0mmie
03-02-2005, 12:17 AM
thanks tyrful, i'll try that

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.