PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys and gals think of this?

Warnabrotha58
02-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Well, I am currently learning lightwave in hopes of one day getting a job and make my own short. But right now I am not sure what is happening. There has been alot of talk about Lightwave slipping somehow. I look at some of the images done with 3d Studio Max and Maya and even Cinema 4D and say wow. Some of the renders I see comming from Lightwave just are not up to par with them and can see why the movie studios are moving on. Back to why I posted, in your honest opinion where do you think lightwave stands. I want to be the best artist I can be, doesn't that mean you should want the best software to produce your artwork. I don't want this to tearn into some type of battle or something. I think you guys can see it too, I mean look at all the threads about " what should lightwave steal". Do you think many software packages are saying the same about lightwave. I also see that Maya one of the best if not the top packages in the industry is only $ 500 more than lightwave. Basicaly to sum it all up, i would like to ask you why are you still using it? Do you think it is a stable software? There is alot of other programs that are just as good for cheaper (Softimage XSI). WHAT MAKES THIS YOUR SOFTWARE OF CHOICE, PRICE, QUALITY? I am just worried that I am going to spend all this time learning the software and then it becomes of no use later on, when maybe no studios use it anymore. I LOVE LIGTWAVE but it doesn't seem like there listning to well. Proceed with my learning or change software?

Thanks ... Didn't mean to piss anyone off

otacon
02-09-2005, 01:35 AM
You can do great things with any software, its just a matter of learning it and spending time with it. Lightwave was the first thing i used, and right now i dont have any reason to change. Besides, who wants to learn new software again?

Pancho
02-09-2005, 06:15 AM
Well, you ask each newbies question as you don't want to bet your money on the wrong horse. But there isn't anything like a bad 3D program between the major apps. Each software does has it's bugs and updates. So go for the one you can afford and like best. Maya is probably to complicated to handle for a beginner, but then ... it all depends on you.

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.