PDA

View Full Version : Finally, A finished Showreel.

Dale John Williams
02-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Hey.

I'm Dale J Williams, (no, not the guy that copies other peoples stuff) and I've just finished my showreel. Please take a look, I welcome any comments and critique I can get.

Here's the link...
http://www.dalewilliamsdesign.tk
(the link to the video is on the main page.)

Thanks,
Dale J Williams

Capel
02-08-2005, 06:49 PM
hey dale. let's see, well it seems to be going okay so far. i would suggest cleaning things up a bit. especially your textures. i think those need the most work. it seems like you're trying to showcase a lot of different skills, which can be good and bad. by the looks of your reel, it seems like you have a basic knowledge of each skill you showcase, and that's about it. Now that you've got some experience in all aspects of 3d, i'd pick one or two areas and just hone the crap out of them. really get some polished pieces and maybe start a new reel.

oh, and it's totally legal to use copyrighted music on a reel, so i'd get rid of the stuff you have on there now. it's really distracting and cheapens your reel. good work and good luck!

twisztdauthority
02-09-2005, 04:01 AM
hosting off an angelfire site. tis tis

HenningK
02-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Heh. I thought the music was not half bad. Did you do it or is it some royalty free stuff?

Yeah. You need to pick what interests you the most and really work at it. If I had to pick what I thought was the strongest bit, it would be the game with the fox character.
-hen

CoreyJAvitar
02-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Not bad man!
Keep it up.

Dale John Williams
02-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the advice guys.

I agree with the honing in on a single area thing. I've only just finished my course and realised that character design for games production is the area i want to do most of. The showreel is designed as a way to get me into some small work while I try make a reel with character specific work. I realise that copyrighted music is alright in reels too, but I just wanted to try to add a more personal touch.

Thanks again for the feedback. I'll see what I can come up with in the coming months.

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.