PDA

View Full Version : Render output for DVD playback...

essencedesign
02-08-2005, 06:26 AM
Well I finaly got my dvd burner to work.....just a basic sofware for buring... Nero.....my question is what "type" of file do I want to burn onto my DVD...basicaly what should my render output be from AfterFX....the default video for windows ??...I burned that type and my dvd won't read it....this is my first venture into DVD burning so I am a bit of a novice for sure.......my footage from my 3Dapp is uncompressed AVI.....I've got my Comp looking good...effects are alright...basicaly Now what...

thanks for the help aLL..)))

XanderFX
02-08-2005, 06:17 PM
You need to render out from AE uncompressed and then bring it into a DVD authoring program such as Encore DVD or Reel DVD to transcode the video into the appropriate MPEG2. It will give you .vob files which DVD players need to read the disc. Go here: http://www.videohelp.com/ for some in depth research.

If you have Premiere Pro you can bring in the uncompressed video file and then use the output to DVD function as well.

Some other inexpensive options are:

Sonic myDVD
Pinnacle Studio
Ulead DVD Workshop

essencedesign
02-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the help, got 'er figured out....thanks alot.. ;)

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.