PDA

View Full Version : animation transfer: problem with rig

pbinga
02-08-2005, 12:35 AM
hi

I have animated a character for a shot im working on. I have animated on a standby character and need to switch to a new character. the problem im running into is that while the rig is the same, the bones are not zero'd in the same place and the animation does not transfer properly....(mostly the arms that don't work) they have a lot of connections and stuff attached to them so i can't just re-orient them easily. what i tried was putting a null at the shoulder and constraining the orient of the upper arm to that null so i can zero that null to the same orient of the old rig. but....when i select freeze transforms on the null, it pops back to its default position. any one got any insight on this???

Patricia

macaroniKazoo
02-09-2005, 11:03 AM
check out zooXferAnim (http://www.macaronikazoo.com/mel/download/zooXferAnim.zip). it will let you transfer animation between things in "trace mode" - which will basically align the target objects to the source objects for each keyframe on the source object. it should work great for your problem. Just remember, you may need to do a euler filter on the objects after the trace is done. but zooXferAnim was written just for problems like yours.

pbinga
02-10-2005, 05:24 PM
thanks alot!!! that script really helped. it worked perfectly!!

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.