PDA

View Full Version : Dancing Bottles Project

DigitalShow
02-07-2005, 10:40 PM
This is a local commercial I created for a liquor store. This was my first time to attempt real character animation with lightwave...so be gentle. For this small of a market...(town of 40,000) the client loved it. I created the music also using acid 4.0 and loops purchased online. Took about 50 hours to render. Used Lightwave 6.5. - Just upgraded to 8.0. :)

30 Sec Movie in Windows Media Format:
http://www.digitalshow.com/videos/freddies-hi.wmv

Sample Render:
http://www.digitalshow.com/videos/dance1.jpg

maninflash
02-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Nice idea! But there are some issues with animation, timing and weight, the glass feels weight less and floats, bottles have the same issue as well, assuming they are filled with some sort of liquid, they should be much heavier. And with the dancing, they don't move to the beat, something you should do is first of all see how many frames are in one beat, maybe it's on 8's or 12's or whatever, then sync your bottle keyframes, or at least some of them to the beat, to get the feeling of rythem and dancing. Also, the ending past doesn't make any sense, maybe this is not the original version you did, but whether doing a short piece, commercial or movie, try to have at least a beginning, middle and an ending, also, the dancing moves are too limited I think, maybe you could add jumping, spinning in the air, bottles jumping over the glass, forming a circle, etc. ...to make the whole dancing part more dynamic.

lighting is really good! :)

DigitalShow
02-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the tips. It was one of those projects where I went way over the alotted time/budget but used it as a way to help me learn the bones/IK chains in Lightwave. If I get time I have been wanting to go back and take another stab at it just for the practice/experience.

Blockhead
02-11-2005, 02:57 AM
have to agree with what maninflash wrote. It's quite important the animate dancing in sync with the music to get a more natural feeling for it all.
Keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.