PDA

View Full Version : demo jus loaded

thehive
02-07-2005, 10:35 PM
jus got my demo up let me know its my first one crits welcome . let me know if the link is working thanks

http://www.transonicaviation.com/3dpic/animations/demo360_240.mov

telliott
02-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Hey there thehive,

You have some nice work in that reel. I do however have a few constructive criticisms about the presentation in general.

The biggest issue for me was that I was distracted from your animation skills by the camera moves. In fact, the camera moves made it harder for me to see (and judge) just what was there in your animation, especially with the white-only backgrounds it seemed disorienting. You want to show what you can do as clearly as possible. It is only too easy to jump to the conclusion that you are trying to hide less than perfect animation with some camera work.

With the Generi clip with the Homer Simpson dialogue, I would move much closer on the face if you are intending to demo your lip syncing as well. You can cut to the long shot if you are concerned with properly framing the object creaming him.

Also for me there was a great deal of black at the beginning of the movie before your eye logo came up. I would strongly advise getting rid of this. At first I wasn't sure if there was a playback problem with the codec or what. It will also make your file size smaller without this 3 to 5 seconds and smaller downloads make people happier.

It's my opinion that the two cars at the end (which are incredibly beautiful by the way) don't belong on a character animator's reel. They are great pieces of work, but if you start off the reel with the title "character animator", stick with just that. Put those cars on your website or as printouts along with your resume just to say, "Oh by the way, I have these skills as well."

And lastly, the "credits to" and "special thanks" don't really have a place on an animation reel either. It's good to give credit to whoever made and rigged the models, but this should be done on a reel log. Again, this will save file size and download time.

Good work though. Keep it up.

thehive
02-08-2005, 02:19 PM
thanks for the run down ill keep this in mind for my next demo im workin on, every little bit helps,

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.