PDA

View Full Version : Watch all the superbowl commercials here.

SheepFactory
02-07-2005, 04:24 PM
http://www.movieweb.com/news/news.php?id=6720

enjoy ,

L.Rawlins
02-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Excellent, thanks. One question... I had heard there would be something shown about 'American Dad' but I can't see anything in that list.

Was that rumour just a bunch of phooey?

:sad:

darktding
02-07-2005, 05:17 PM
yes american dad followed after the simpsons, my opinion; I liked family guy better

percydaman
02-07-2005, 05:56 PM
my wife and I think family guy is MUCH better then this.

Signal2Noise
02-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Actually, American Dad is too much like Family Guy. Zero originality.

On the commercials: Being a customer of godaddy (http://www.godaddy.com) I really appreciated their Super Bowl spot. ;)

heney
02-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Although the look was identical, it was not a big deal to me, thats how Futurama was to the Simpsons. I enjoyed American Dad, but Family Guy just blows it out of the water. I laughed harder at the Family Guy commercial that they played during American Dad, then I did at any of the American Dad jokes. Still good though.

L.Rawlins
02-07-2005, 08:17 PM
The thing to bear in mind is that that was a pilot episode. And it was designed to replace Family Guy when it had been originally dropped.

Give it a couple more episodes atleast, before slaughtering it!

It might yet prove surprising.

:)

thethule
02-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Man oh man!! I cant wait for War of the Worlds! That tv spot was great, short and sweet. I love the shot of Dakota turning around and squealing at what she sees, made my skin tingle. CG was a bit ropey, but i'm sure that will all be fixed before release! Cant wait!

Here's hoping Be Cool is good too, cuz i feel Get Shorty had one of the punchiest, smartest scripts EVER. Wonderful film. Plus Rene Russo, which is always a plus.

And Christian Bale is the man! Bring on Batman!!! OK, im geeking out. Sorry

Thanks for the Links

Marc

Slurry
02-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Nobody thought Family Guy was that funny when it aired after the superbowl either. It only found an audience in the last couple of years after it was cancelled.

American Dad IS alot like Family Guy though. They blurred some of the character traits from Family Guy by swapping characteristics among different family members.
I also thought some of the jokes were very dated. It'll probably do well after a few months if it's given the opportunity to stay on the air. It's basically the same low-brow humour without all the flashbacks that FG uses.

And, is it just me or was the Alien's voice extremely annoying (and familiar)? Sounded a bit like a Hanna Barbarra character.

Art

DeathTrip
02-07-2005, 08:43 PM
The Ameriquest Mortgage Company and the CareerBuilder.com comercials are hilarious! :D

thanks for the link.

elam
02-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Those Olympus commercials are cool as hell.
And the Michelob gets my vote for funniest( Steve, where your nametag? ):beer:

L.Rawlins
02-07-2005, 08:55 PM
I suppose American Dad is as 'Americanised' as FG was. Thats likely a stupid statement given the shows title. :)

Which is a shame because some of the jokes of FG were lost in cultural translation.

Dirtystimpy
02-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Thanks sheepdog!

I watched the game up here in Canada, and it just wasn't the same, they didn't show any of these commercials, and I grew tired of the studium advertisements that they use on Global.

Neil
02-07-2005, 10:19 PM
The difference is that Futurama spun off and looked totally different. American Dad looks the exact same, so I don't see it reaching a NEW audience. It's probably just gonna keep the same audience, if that... and isn't the point of a new show to reach new/more people?

L.Rawlins
02-07-2005, 10:28 PM
I see what you're saying. But Futurama wasn't created out of The Simpsons demise. It ran simultaneously. American Dad WAS ultimately taking up where Family Guy HAD originally left off. I haven't seen it yet to comment on how closely they followed characters to FG but I hope its not as bad as a few of you appear to be saying.

We seem to be missing the point of this thread. So I'm going to finish my argument here. :thumbsup:

And say that I really want to see this shiny new Batman. Looks good.

Fasty
02-08-2005, 06:35 AM
I heard Homestarrunner made a half-time appearance (or so it says on their site (http://www.homestarrunner.com). What's that about?

Neil
02-08-2005, 07:34 AM
I think my favorite commercial was the guy talking on the handless cell phone about how his friend got "robbed" by paying too much. and the store clerk thought that he was trying to rob the store. haha.
I think i like it best because I can relate to it. I hate it when people walk down the street talking outloud and you don't know if they're crazy or not.

AWAKE
02-09-2005, 03:50 AM
sniff sniff... Direct TV didn't make the list, even though it aired..

check it.. CG environments..

http://www.methodstudios.com/mox731

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.