PDA

View Full Version : OpenGL ViewPort Speed

lazzhar
02-07-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm making my first steps in Shake these days and I'm very impressed by its speed comparing to Combustion that I've used until now. But I'm interested to know why it's not possible to preview in Realtime simple animations that I do like we can make in Combustion by enabling the OpenGL in the viewport and you start playing in realtime with layers. In Shake you have always to render to flipbook to see it in realtimle. Is it somethign related with my hardware? (Geforce Ti 4200)

alexx
02-07-2005, 01:27 PM
welcome to shake lazzhar :)

well just guessing since i do not know combustion - i simply think shake is missing that feature :)

cheers

alexx

lazzhar
02-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Thanks alex :)
It's been a long time I was temped to learn shake but unfortunatly I didnt. Now I'm using it under linux and it's really worth to learn. But as I asked, I wonder how do you preview your animated compositions? because in Shake's doc I've found that it's not possible to see the preview in realtime until you render to Ram to the flipbook.
What's impressive in Shake is that you can fine tune any effects in almost realtime, such as the blur and the motion blured transformations are super fast ! And also I like the options availbe for filtering( gaussian, mitchell..etc) What I was really missing in Combustion.

beaker
02-08-2005, 12:35 AM
Combustion and AE pretty much let you render/cache to ram in the timeline. Shake makes it so you have to render it externally each time. Hopefully they put this into 4.0.

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.