PDA

View Full Version : Notebook

eRP
09-12-2002, 08:46 PM
Hi.

Does anyone know a script or something that works kind of a Notebook and stays «attached» to a scene, so you can take notes about that scene and models.

It would be great. :cool:

proton
09-12-2002, 09:33 PM
I'm nnot aware of one but it's a great idea...Kinda like the notes you can leave in Photoshop...great when working in a team ...

NanoGator
09-12-2002, 10:51 PM
You can add 'comments' to an object, then run a plugin to make those comments appear at the pivot point of the object.

If I had LW right in front of me I could direct ya to it, but I'm on my laptop. Heh.

Thought I'd at least try to help. :)

eRP
09-12-2002, 11:11 PM
NanoGator, what I had in mind was some kind of journal to a project.
Thank you anyway.

NanoGator
09-13-2002, 12:51 AM
Ah. :)

Well, let me ask you this:

Do you want the journal to:

a.) Add to your portfolio

b.) To record your ideas

c.) To maintain continuity so you don't get lost in your project

d.) ... something I haven't though of?

Understanding that, I might be able to help ya... :)

eRP
09-13-2002, 01:29 AM
b) and c)

When I'm fine tuning materials , hypervoxels and so on, I use to right the values in a real notebook.
I think everybody does it.
This digital notebook was intended to substitute the paper one, and, 6 months after, I still could see what I did to acomplish some task or how can I do something that I don't recall anymore.
If it stayed attached to a scene or a model, it would be perfect.

:beer:

Cheers

NanoGator
09-13-2002, 05:00 AM
Ah, good for you! I wish I was better about that..

Have ya thought about using Word? (Or even Wordpad?) You can do both text and screen grabs in there...

Come to think about it, I might give that a go for my next proj!!

eRP
09-13-2002, 12:15 PM
:bounce:

This will be a usefull tool. ( at least for me...):applause: :applause:

wgreenlee1
09-13-2002, 02:06 PM
You can open up a scene with WordPad and I'll bet someone knows hows to add comments without touching the original scene.
Its funny cause it looks like a LScript except without all the commands.

wgreenlee1
09-13-2002, 02:16 PM
Yep,you could do it this way.

anieves
09-13-2002, 02:41 PM
Photoshop type stickies would be great. I'm always taking notes on a writting pad on my desk... is just a matter of time before I loose track due to so many notes. I usually do that for surfacing and position/rotation settings that might need to go back to if needed.

good idea. Stickies!

Eugeny
09-13-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by anieves
Photoshop type stickies would be great. I'm always taking notes on a writting pad on my desk... is just a matter of time before I loose track due to so many notes. I usually do that for surfacing and position/rotation settings that might need to go back to if needed.

good idea. Stickies!

Looks like u working on Mac... Is this right?
Because in Windows u don't have anything that look like note stickiest :(

eRP
09-13-2002, 07:50 PM
wgreenlee1,

I will follow your tip.
I'll take notes in Notepad and then paste it to scene file in the notepad.
I'll be waiting for the stikies.
Perhaps some good soul could come up with them.;)

wgreenlee1
09-13-2002, 11:48 PM
I think I'm going to start doing it to if I have a really important scene that I would be working on.
Like,if I have an idea for use later on during the scene creation them I'm going to write it in the scene file.
Another thing like you say material settings and the like could also be used in case of altering the original surface settings with out saving it first.

G'day gents!

KOryH
09-14-2002, 12:42 AM
There is a comments script for LW.

Look under generic L_scripts in the scene tab. You can add comments on a per object basis. You can add a null and apply the item comment display custom object to see the comments in the viewports! It is the same way all those cool rigs have all the control objects labled.
This is what i love a bout LW the most. There seems to always be a workaround, if a real solution can't be found!

These things are hard to find when those scripts zip by so fast.
Hey William, this would be a great thing to fix.

proton
09-14-2002, 04:04 AM
I'll add it to the list...thanx!

NanoGator
09-17-2002, 04:55 PM
It'd be cool if comments could be attached to the schematic view...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.