PDA

View Full Version : How to make a character cross Dust

FabioMSilva
02-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Hi there, i am really curious on how to achieve this particular effect that is to blend a layer with another(i really dont see how i can make this), such as for example, a character cross the dust layer.
here's a sample of what i'm talking, taken from "One Piece".
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0257549601/into_d_fog.avi

i can use combustion & Adobe After effects, so if u have any ideas of how to devolop this effect on either of them, please tell me so.

thanx in advance.

Dutchman
02-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Maybe you could do something with the '3D-fog' option in After Effects? :) (although I don't have any experience with that.... :eek: ;) )...

Otherwise I'd just assume to make the 'dust-layer' more opaque as the characters get more to the back... Then it's also much better controllable...!

Good luck with it, I hope I answered your question :) ,
Gijs

FabioMSilva
02-06-2005, 08:01 PM
thanx for the repply. I also had thought of this possibility "Otherwise I'd just assume to make the 'dust-layer' more opaque as the characters get more to the back... Then it's also much better controllable...!
". It seems pretty good to be altought i dunno if there is any better way to do this. If anyone has another idea, please tell me.

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.