02-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Hi Neemo. I'm new to modeling too, and I think your model is great. However, I think the breasts are a bit too low. If you lift them up a bit, I think it'll look better. Other than that, everything else looks fine (to my newbie eyes anyway :)).
02-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Modeling is looking pretty nice, for a first woman model :) Here are my crits:
1) The face (although it does look like a girl) could actually look like a girl even more, if you know what I mean. Maybe make the cheek bones more defined, as well as her lips. I can't really tell by the angles you gave us, but maybe make the nose a bit more slender as well.
2) Looks to me that you with have deformation under the armpits of the character, I would add one more loop around wth whole arm through the shoulder (so that little gap between the 2 lines, just add another edge loop) And I think that will work.
3) You modeled the breast great, but it seems like gravity has taken affect, and are pulling down the breast a bit, just (If you want) move them up a bit, and that should work out just fine.
4) Seems that you have an edge loop that is in an akward position on your characters knees. Try to make the ceneter edge in the middle, and then balance the 2 outside edges, gives it better deformation, and its more appealing, because it is a cleaner mesh.
5) You need to add some more edge loops in the legs, I mostly focusing on the back of legs, add a half edge loop starting from the thigh edge loop and just bring it down so when the leg moves, it will loook more releastic because the pants will hold it shape more.
6) Other thing I just notcied is the shoulders, a lot of people have trouble with the shoulders, and this is where a lot of deformation happens. With a high poly model, you can't do what your doing, this will work for a low poly, but not for a higher one. You should try and make sure that when the arm bends, moves etc. That the shoulder will hold its shape, what you have right now, the arm will move, and the shoudler won't do anything, so the top of the arm (next to the shoulder) will basiclly go flat. But if you add some edge loops, this will fix it.
You have a very solid character here, nicley done, just remember deformation, if your character can deform well, alresayd you have a 10x better character :) Make it easier on yourself (GREAT practice) and the animators, that could be you as well :)
Good luck, and I hope these crits helped :)
02-07-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.