PDA

View Full Version : mental ray not working

denil
02-05-2005, 11:46 AM
hi i'm having a problem with mental ray. its just not rendering. when i try to render something in MR it keeps giving me an error. i dunno y this has happened coz so long i've not had this problem. this is the error i'm getting. what should i do??

// Error: (Mayatomr.Export) : mental ray startup failed with errors //

// Info (Mayatomr): Aborted //

Randolph
02-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Did you install a new shader?

Are you using tif file fromat textures?

denil
02-05-2005, 02:19 PM
i did install new shaders but it was working fine. as for the image format i'm usin iff. u a iron maiden fan?? rock on maiden rulez

Randolph
02-05-2005, 03:22 PM
i did install new shaders but it was working fine.

Well, at least the error message you quoted usually points to a wrong shader (installation). Try a forum search, AFAIK you're not the only one who had this problem.

u a iron maiden fan?? rock on maiden rulez

No. Mozart rulez even more :buttrock: !

denil
02-05-2005, 04:00 PM
well so far i can't find anyone with the same problem, tho i did see some havin similar problems. but i cudn't find any solution. should i reinstall mental ray and try. where wud i get it from then??

denil
02-05-2005, 05:10 PM
ok got it fixed. it turned out one file was missin so had 2 replace it. thnx a lot 4 the help

tcomputerchip
03-07-2005, 08:52 AM
ok got it fixed. it turned out one file was missin so had 2 replace it. thnx a lot 4 the help

Could you respond with a more descriptive answer than one file was missing? I am having the same problem and I am sure others are too. So can you tell us what file was missing?

Thanks.

denil
03-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Could you respond with a more descriptive answer than one file was missing? I am having the same problem and I am sure others are too. So can you tell us what file was missing?

unfortunately i don't remember now what file was missing, but if u've installed some new files in mental ray then do a check list if all the files have been placed in the correct directory specified.

tcomputerchip
03-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the responce.

In the "maya.rayrc" there where some lines I added that a "new shader" wanted me to add. I removed those lines and the problem went away. The shader still works too. I think it was a problem with the shader documentation. Also, the shader was built for version 5 and we are now at version 6.5.

Regards,

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2005, 05:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.