PDA

View Full Version : biomec seth

ganta
02-05-2005, 09:11 AM
it' a simple work in progress for my self training to remind my hand and my mind drawing and to have critics on my technic, proportions...etc
i know that there's no new concept but i like this subject.
hope u like.

lulaassassina
02-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Wow!
Elegant! :D
Keep up, I'm curious on this one.

ganta
02-05-2005, 04:45 PM
now i've finished the global form. I'll take details as next step for more realism.
thanks lula_assassina i hope u'll enjoy...'cause i'm enjoing workin' on :buttrock:

ganta
02-07-2005, 04:03 PM
...héhé mean not yet only worked on some details now i'll work on background...
after what i'll see what can i do with eventual refinings...
do u thik i can submit my entry in exposé3?

lulaassassina
02-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Are you sure it's finished?
Let me give you an advice: pick a light.

One thing that I have noticed is that different parts of you painting have different lights. I you want to use multiple light, all shapes should be affected by them.

luv.
Private message me if you want to discuss this directly with me.

ganta
02-09-2005, 04:42 PM
no i'am not sure guy
till now i'am workin' on as a blind man
thank for critics i'll rework it . i'm not too concentrate on...
'cause i've got some existential problems any way...
i think i've just made the metal texture without any real light concederation because i haven't yet chosen the background ambiance.
i want to make (perhaps) an egyptian modified monuments...i don't know but i will work on.
keep an eye on: i really need ur opinion:
->ah, i like the style of ur graphics i really like them
sometimes i work in cartoon graphics
ok thanks

u can see also another scene i've made:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=202084

lulaassassina
02-10-2005, 02:19 AM
Thank you!

Just another advice, before you pick a background ambience, or before you paint anything at all, think on a mood, on what you want to acceed inside the persons that see your work.

And about the existencial problems, paint! They are a reflex of what you feel, your paintings will give clues.

luv and thank you again! :)

lulaassassina
02-15-2005, 11:47 PM
work, ganta, work!

ganta
02-16-2005, 01:12 PM
i've just moved my computer at home i've some problems with my associates i'll work on tonight thanks for interest :thumbsup:

ganta
02-28-2005, 04:15 PM
lula_assassina considering ur opinion i've made one dominating point of light from behind .
the rist of simili highlights are only reflexion and texture of the metal hope u enjoy
i think i've finished with this one i've to finish with Azouza another thread in here

:banghead:

ganta
02-28-2005, 05:33 PM
need some critics....
i'm glad to put my work but what's the goal if none is giving his point of view but lula ????
:bounce:

hey lula it does not mean that ur observations had no-interest for me but i'see that most of people pass without expressions
thanks dude! :thumbsup:

lulaassassina
02-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Hey friend!,

First of all, you're welcome! And thank you for finding my opinion interesting.

But looking again to your image, now that you have highlights :D, or better, now that you have a light source, you need shadows, lights spots create them. But this image is starting to gain life.

Keep up, Tunisian brother! :thumbsup:

lulaassassina
02-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Are you doing this on Photoshop? Anyway, try this: create a new layer and define it to Multiply, and paint grayscale shadows. I find it easier and quicker, this way, and you still preserve your original image.

And it's hard to get some posts around here... but that doesn't mean that your work isn't good. Maybe people don't have things to say... :shrug:

ganta
03-01-2005, 08:47 AM
i was certain that u'll be the only one to emrege and it's cool from u! :thumbsup:

any way' i work on painter & photoshop : i've yet made the tip of the layer for shadows the problem i'm conscient of now my screen is not calibrated so what i see is not what it' real and this is a big big problem for me that i'm working on false colors and false lights :cry:

i'll correct this problem asap
thanks for all and keeep going i like ur work too
but can't do comment because in ur style of drawing there's no real critics to do cause it's some kind of personal work and view:in this case u like or not ---> my answer is: Ilike very much keep it up

lulaassassina
03-04-2005, 09:04 PM
:) My pleasure, ganta.

NauticaC
03-05-2005, 02:28 AM
I just noticed this thread so I thought i'd give my input as well. I agree with what lula said. I think the ears need some tweaking, and maybe change the color of the face from brown to a more bionic representing color. Overall, I think you did a great job!

ganta
03-05-2005, 12:31 PM
yeah NauticaC!

this is a point i revealed and u confirmed.
the head is a flat color and does'nt suite the volume of steel as if i've transposed a 3d view with a 2d one...
i'll work on it
i think i'll make some physiological details to make it more realistic and to add volume to it.
thanks guys thats what it's called team work
ur critics are really welcomed
nice to u :beer:

Imriela
03-05-2005, 01:22 PM
ROCK ON! It's a ferocious biomech ARMADILLO! :D And I'm not mocking (though it seems from the background that you were going more for a jackal)--armadillos are vicious, I tell you, VICIOUS... (They're also extremely cute, but that in no way detracts from their burrowing fearsomeness!)

This piece is coming along quite nicely and has a lot of potential, but at the moment it feels a wee bit...well, flat. Part of that is due to the inherant "flatness" of the profile view--always a peril--but I think another part of it might be the limited range of darks employed. Since you've got him lit from the left, and I assume his shoulders are wider than his neck and muzzle, some near-blacks on the metal up under his throat and chin might help "wrap" the metal around his form.

ganta
03-07-2005, 02:26 PM
okay i don't think that seth is an ARMADILLO :all the egyptologists dont know what kind of hybrid animal is the god seth brother of osiris. see the hiroglyph design of it
any way it can't be an ARMADILLO
i will work on it and take advatages from critics for further adjustements thanks everbody :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2005, 02:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.