PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil Pics!

Lord3d2
02-05-2005, 03:00 AM
This is the upcoming expansion pack to Doom 3

http://inlandempirestrikesback.net/v-web/gallery/Doom3ROE

What do you think?

eraser851
02-05-2005, 03:12 AM
I am looking foreward to it. i cant wait.

Heres some stuff about Resurrection of Evil;
* Characters: Vulgars - The same as Imps only faster and they do a lot more wall crawling.
* Bruisers - Half mecahnical monsters with computer monitors for there mouth, they have a tendency to hide as wall monitors and then bust through the walls after you.
* The Forgotten - Same as the Lost Souls in Classic Doom
* Hell Hunters - Like Floating legless HellKnights, these monsters have the ability to warp time.

New Weapons/Items:
* The Double Barrel Shotgun - Goes Boom.
* The Grabber - Gravity Gun.
* The Artifact - Allows the player to manipulate time by slowing the world down, also increases damage and makes you invincible.
* Environment suits - They will have flashlights mounted on them.

New MultiPlayer Features:
* Four new MP maps - Two are in Hell, one in the ancient civilization, then another base type map. It was also mentioned that the Maps will be considerably larger than DOOM 3's.
* 8 Player limit

More stuff:
* RoE takes place two years after the events in DOOM 3
* You play as a different marine this time around
* Sent to assist Dr. Elizabeth McNeal in investigating a strange beacon on the planet
* Betruger sends three demonic hunters after you when you discover a weapon known as the "Artifact"
* When you defeat each hunter, their abilities are transferred into the Artifact
* The abilities resemble, berseker, slow-mo and invulnerability and are all "stackable"
* Roughly one half to two thirds as long as DOOM 3
* Having the story revolve around two characters may bode well for co-op

Zeruel the 14th
02-05-2005, 03:50 AM
I'm excited. Sounds interesting. Grav Gun sounds gimicky though...but hey. HL2's grav gun was a gimick too. The physics were a winner...but the gun was just a toy in which to play with them.

Lets hope there are less monster closets. Nostalgia is great and all. But closets aren't believable. I'd happily accept more vents and torn open walls though.

Lord3d2
02-05-2005, 03:58 AM
DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil

The next chapter in one of the most critically acclaimed games of

Two years following the unexplained disaster on Mars, the UAC returns
to the abandoned facilities to investigate a mysterious beacon buried
deep in the ruins of the ancient civilization.
Battle six new demons including the hunters
Fight in all new 8-player capture the flag arenas
Wield new weapons including the double barreled shotgun
Possess demonic powers to use against the enemy
Control time to defeat the enemy and evade deadly traps
Harness the force of gravity to control your environment
Battle through the ancient ruins and into the horrifying depths of
hell

eraser851
02-05-2005, 03:59 AM
Actually, id Software was toying with the idea of a gravity gun before HL2 even came out. but it never made the final cut.

DaJuice
02-05-2005, 05:08 AM
I'm a big Doom fan but ehh, D3 wasn't very fun to me. I know they were basically going for that "just kill everything" approach, but IMO they completely ruined it by having almost every monster jump out at you. It's OK every once in a while, but shit, I don't want to get ambushed every time.

maxrelics
02-05-2005, 06:51 AM
I got really really tired of Domm 3. They kept using the same tricks to scare the player over and over again. The game just become a test of will, which i gave in to :rolleyes:

Hopefully this will be better. If not, screw you John Carmack. I want my money back.

Oh and fix the ****ing seams this time, OK?

rebo
02-05-2005, 09:58 AM
DOOM3 was a big disapointment :(

It fell half way between a survival horror and a frenetic combat game, fufilling neither well.

I dont see this being any better.

SpeccySteve
02-05-2005, 03:08 PM
While I did enjoy D3 for a while, I bought Warhammer: Dawn of War, Halflife2 and Vampire: Bloodlines shortly afterwards and that put things into perspective.

Never did finish Doom3...

dotTom
02-05-2005, 03:36 PM
I was sorely disappointed by Doom 3. Graphically I thought it was only "OK". There was some impressive technology sure but what Id choose to do with that technology I found very dull and limited. For me the most anoying thing about Doom 3 was the way the gaming press just fell all over it, it was like "Id and John can do no wrong...". Well sorry, but like George Lucas in his time, other people have gotten familiar with the technology of the art and moved way beyond what the original masters achieved - and I'm not knocking those achievements at the time they where created, it's just that George and John seem to be one-trick ponies. Doom 3 was once you got past the displacement maps, very boring to play (kudos though to the sound designer/engineers, the sound track was way more effective than the cliched and derivate visuals).

titaniumdave
02-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Doom 3 Resurrection of Boredom

I bought Warhammer: Dawn of War

That was my favorite rts until I got my grubby hands on Rome: Total War. :drool:

Dr. Ira Kane
02-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Please God no more Doom3!!! :D c'ya :D

richcz3
02-05-2005, 09:18 PM
I'll give doom3 the credit that it deserves with some of the creepy horror sequences. Those genuinley freaked me out. But the pitch black environments and enemies spawning on my heels ruined it for me half way through the game.

Cyborgguineapig
02-05-2005, 10:39 PM
So for one of the new monsters, they basically took the hellnight model, lobbed its legs off, made it float, and did a tiny repaint on the abdomen...:rolleyes:

No But I actually enjoyed playing through D3 although I could only do it once, it got a little to repetitive and long winded to play a second time through.

Corth
02-06-2005, 01:04 AM
I had fun playing the whole way through, and I play some of the parts over again, but I certainly couldn't play it right from the start again. Hopefully any other games after this realise that you need to mix up the playing environment a little more to keep it interesting.

Yorgo12345
02-06-2005, 02:56 AM
ya know what?... I'm sick of evil always breaking free or being resurected or whatever... can't evil just stay down for a while!

leuey
02-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Ah man, you're always trying to keep EVIL DOWN! :)

I really enjoyed Doom3, yeah the pop out of the closet got to me a little, but it also scared the crap out of me.

I tried to play it through again, but it just wasn't easy to. After playing Half-Life 2 going back to Doom leaves something to be desired.

-Greg

ya know what?... I'm sick of evil always breaking free or being resurected or whatever... can't evil just stay down for a while!

dotTom
02-06-2005, 08:09 AM
After playing Pong going back to Doom 3 leaves something to be desired :)

FlyByNight
02-06-2005, 11:22 AM
i bought a geforce 6800, an extra 256ram and an extra 40gig HD to run doom 3.... i was happy at first when i got it all working but that was aages ago... its like the never ending game...

I mean, its not hard, but its just so bloody repetitive and boring... i still havnet completed it.. im kick ass at fps but this one just coudnt keep me.... i mean, i still wana know what happens... (iv seen the last level before) but it just cant keep me interested..

i really dont know what to write.... i mean, i like the game.... its nice graphically, its got great atmosphere at certain points, and kinda of a half decent story, but they reaaaally draggged it on a bit....

now when i play, i try to whizz thru... just to complete the area. i think im on delta labs 2 or something like that. just want it to bloody end...

Im just saying, they got me to spend so much on hardware, and i coudnt even be assed to complete it... i mean thats saying something... I had to play it with no sound for about a week or two because of my hardware... i think the lack of sound made me imagine that the game would be better than it was... i dunno

hl2 much better but still had its own flaws... not sure if ill bother with the expansion pack

Emmanuel
02-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Still waiting for REAL games coming with the D3 engine, like a sequel to System Shock, or a game version of Event Horizon or Sphere.

Bulldog
02-06-2005, 08:38 PM
-Battle 6 new monsters , though we'll repeatedly throw the same damn imp to you over and over until you get sick of killing it and than throw it some more.

-More of the same dark corridor environments you couldnt get enough in the first game!

-6 new weapons that are equally useless.

maxrelics
02-07-2005, 01:07 AM
lol, nice bulldog

Fasty
02-07-2005, 04:14 AM
Cool. Flaming skulls. :hmm:

DyslexicDan
02-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Doom3 was really grate game. Just not for 50 bucks. I loved the game and all. It killed a lot of time between the time FarCry came out and HL2. But then again I think 50+ price tag was to much for FarCry and HL2 as well.

Lord3d2
02-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Hope this version game do something about it being repetitive.

lovisx
02-09-2005, 04:01 PM
I played it off and off for a couple of months and had alot of fun playing it. I suppose if I would of just sat down and tried to plow through it in a couple days, I would have gotten bored.

lovisx
02-09-2005, 04:02 PM
sorry off and on, cause someones going to make fun of this type O and nobody knows why?

Neil
02-09-2005, 05:49 PM
For me the most anoying thing about Doom 3 was the way the gaming press just fell all over it, it was like "Id and John can do no wrong...".

Well in John's defense, he did nothing wrong. He created an engine that is amazing! The other Carmack created some cool characters too. The fault fell with the level design. All the errors of parts being too dark, enemies being repetitively placed, and too linear are level design faults.
id should hire a new level design team this time around. Possibly bring back Romero?

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.