PDA

View Full Version : D'Fusion Software - Augmented Virtual Reality

Autarkis
02-05-2005, 12:43 AM
Check out the streaming video here

http://www.demo.com/demo/demonstrators/2004/page773-697045.html

That stuff is really a blast. Check that out... future of games? Future of Entertainment? I'm just floored by the simplicity of the merging of live action and cg in real time...

t-toe
02-05-2005, 04:25 AM
pretty cool stuff... however, I did notice that all of the action happened from one perspective. the camera was locked on a tripod. I doubt that stuff would work well for VR. at least at this point in time. plus, I couldn't tell if their technology automatically knew the placement of the objects on the table, or if they were preprogrammed in. I'm guessing it was the latter.

Autarkis
02-05-2005, 04:58 AM
Yeah, that's due to the sensors i guess that you could only check out one perspective, if you added more i guess you could switch around?

I dont think it's the latter though, the website talks about it a little bit, didnt dwell on it too long (not too good on ultra technical stuff) but it seems to do it on the spot with the geometry of the table and the objects calculated by the sensors and the computers once the feed came in. I think ~.~

eraser851
02-05-2005, 07:28 AM
Rumor has it that this type of thing might be used on the Nintendo Revolution

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.