PDA

View Full Version : Bioware is to hold open auditions for people to become cast members for future games.

bentllama
02-04-2005, 09:31 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4237589.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4237589.stm)

Bioware is to hold open auditions for people to become cast members for future games. The company, which makes RPGs such as KOTOR and Neverwinter Nights, is seeking people aged 18-99. The company is inviting people to come along to a shopping mall in West Edmonton, Alberta, on Friday and Saturday, bringing along a piece of photo id. People chosen to appear in a game will have their head scanned in three dimensions. Chosen participants will have no control over how the image is used in a computer game. But their face could be used in multiple games - so they could be the hero in one, the villain in another and just a merchant in a third.

mambo
02-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Wow, must be nice to have that kinda oppotunity! Wish i could be there.

Boxsmiley
02-04-2005, 10:25 PM
I would love an oppotunity like that, even if it was for voice overs. Sounds like fun...

cgkrusty
02-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Yah, I wish I could go give up the rights to my image so that I could never reap any potential benefits from it in the future... wahoo!!!

:rolleyes:

Wiro
02-05-2005, 03:43 AM
Heh, sounds fun in a way but I wonder what people think they'll gain by joining in. They say you won't know where your mug will be used and I can imagine they'll be modified or at least touched up. You probably wouldn't recognize yourself :)

Wiro

JDex
02-05-2005, 03:45 AM
I'd do it if they give me a digital copy of the scan data... it is my head after all.

Corth
02-05-2005, 03:54 AM
*gasp* I would be a great villan! hehe, I'm gonna have to go and check it out :D

Signal2Noise
02-05-2005, 04:09 AM
...Chosen participants will have no control over how the image is used in a computer game. ...

I heard Bioware's next project involved gay Nazis dressed in pink polkadot bikinis. :D

Corth
02-05-2005, 04:21 AM
I heard Bioware's next project involved gay Nazis dressed in pink polkadot bikinis. :D

I would be a great gay Nazis dressed in a pink polkadot bikini! :scream:

*edit: there's also more info on bioware.com. it's not like your signing over everything, you'll still get paid for likeness if they use you.

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.