PDA

View Full Version : Short Logo Animation

DWThompson
02-04-2005, 05:00 AM
Just a beginning animator at Fullsail. This past class was Fundamentals in Logo Animation...I was sick almost the entire month and this is what I pulled out in the end. Please give me some advice anything really I'm just looking for others to see my work.

http://www.optikfusion.com/dexter/DWT_FLA_Final.mov

If anyone wants to donate to my caffine fund that would be much appriciated

- Dexter Thompson

DWThompson
02-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Forgot to mention I did it in Maya...

Spunkeeebakpak
02-09-2005, 01:08 PM
I quite like the visual style of some parts of your sequence, such as the car which looks pretty good & moves in quite a jaunty & comical way, and also the silhouette halloween style creepy house which, although simple, looks the part. You need to give more time at the very start to the stilts man & the birds so theres a bit more anticipation before the car comes in & scares them. There also needs to be some kind of frightened jump by the man as he turns, as his turn away is flat at the moment & is a bit lost compared to the birds flying away. Slightly delaying one or two of the birds fying away might help too. When the man is running away throughout the sequence his movement is too slidey & a little too floaty- then again this could be a deliberate stylistic decision on your part so as to accentuate the strange nightmarish, east-european abstract cut-out style of the sequence.

At the end of the sequence I think the type of the title could be bolder & stronger- for me the lettering looks a little weak & too spindly in places. I hope my comments are helpful & overall I think the sequence isn't too bad at all for a rush job! All the best for your future projects!

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.