PDA

View Full Version : warrior gal(nudidy)

ms@zx
02-04-2005, 04:53 AM
hey there,this should be my 1st time posting in wip forums,i made this pencil sketching in less than half an hour,never really thought of coloring it but then i thought,it could be nice with colors:)so i need some pointers here from u guys..what sort of colors and mood should i apply on this?some suggestions would do alot of help.i thank u guys in advance
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/warrior_gal_color_wip_outline.jpg

ms@zx
02-04-2005, 06:15 AM
since i have got no reply yet,i have made some colors onto the background,could be a temporary use as i'm still in dilemma wether to make it a night or a day or maybe a sunset setting.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/warrior_gal_color_wip.jpg

milkweed
02-04-2005, 06:28 AM
Very Nice Line Work, I Am Interested In Seeing How You Paint The Cave... I Am Having Troulbe Doind A Piece That Has A Similar Cave.... So Keep Going

ms@zx
02-04-2005, 07:17 AM
hey thankx for the reply milkweed,i have a problem painting those caves too..here another updated version,just did this after half and hour posting the 2nd wip.it's still a rough one though,i'm gonna do the paint on the gal soon
sorry about the image,there's a problem posting the 3rd one..i'll repost soon.

ms@zx
02-04-2005, 07:33 AM
here it goes ,the 3rd update on this image
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/warrior_gal_color_cave.jpg

ms@zx
02-05-2005, 12:53 AM
hie all,just wondering if i'm into the right forums,just couldnt get much of a crits or comments here.i guess i'll just have to finish up the painting and post it to the finish work forums.thanks again for viewing:)

Sir-Patroclo
02-05-2005, 01:14 AM
Hi:
Nice drawing. Though the general proportions seems right, the pose looks a bit stiff. Her right arm is too long and the thumb is misplaced. Her right leg looks akward too, there shouldn't be a space between the ankle and the thigh, look for photo references on bend legs. I think the elements are too centered, the head is at the middle of the frame, maybe move the whole figure to the right a bit, moon included, and add something in the lower left, to form a trianlge looking up to keep the sight of the viewer running trough the pic.
You may want to try to loosen up your strokes, they seem insecure and stiff (at least to me).

Overall is a good start, a lot of potential to be a great image.

Salut!

Sir Patroclo

ms@zx
02-05-2005, 02:59 AM
right,thanks alot for the tips and crits,i'll lookforward towards what u have fed.. try to fix it nomatter what,though i have almost done the painting.i'll see what i can do on the lower left of the pic.
gonna celebrate my chinese new year holiday soon for 2 days from now,so i guess i'll update the image next week as i wont be free during the festive.

Ilikesoup
02-05-2005, 03:34 PM
hie all,just wondering if i'm into the right forums,just couldnt get much of a crits or comments here.i guess i'll just have to finish up the painting and post it to the finish work forums.thanks again for viewing:)

I don't know about anybody else but M-F I'm looking at this stuff from work, so I'm not allowed to look at pics of naked warrior babes. :) Nice linework. It's a good figure drawing, but I'm not sure why she's naked. I'd think that if she's any good with that spear she could kill a furry animal and make herself some clothing. Besides, a pretty girl running around nekkid like that would surely bring lots of unwanted attention. If this is intended as a pinup drawing, I'd suggest a loin cloth (torn?) and necklace made of teeth. I know it's cliche but most times it's wanting to see what's not shown that makes a picture sexy. Lastly, think about putting this pic in context. A pterodactyl flying behind her shows what animals she fights, a blanket on the ground shows that she's getting ready for bed. Hope that helps.

BTW, Happy New Year! I was born year of the Rooster, so hopefully this will be a good year.

ms@zx
02-07-2005, 01:09 AM
hey :)lol,thanks man,yeah, i have actually plan on making a suit for her though.i'll see how it goes from there,probably,after a week from now,coz i'm on my holiday now.wouldnt be able to do the painting as i'm back to my homtown and i dont have my working files here as well my tablet..anyway,thanks again and i'll be updating again soon.

Tace
02-07-2005, 01:45 AM
First thing I thought of when I saw this work was the movie Heavy Metal.

Warriors usually don't run around naked (unless they are a Celtic :D). Try putting some armor on her. The pose is definitely pinup cheesecake.

ms@zx
02-07-2005, 04:49 AM
hey tace..thankx..thats what i thought.:)some armor or maybe suggestion from 'ilikesoup would do some help.the next update would be next week.

ms@zx
02-19-2005, 04:32 AM
gosh,its been awhile since the last post of this thread..here,i have modified the whole piece,the hand which is alil too long has been shorten,i've made some clothes for her ,offset the whole image to the right and added extra element on the left.gonna paint this soon though,i think i'm gonna take some time to complete this one.:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/warrior_galflatten.jpg
let me know if there's still changes to be made proportionately as well as composition wise.thank u

Swoop
02-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Like it way better with the clothes.. nude didnt seem very real somehow.. i mean she has a spear but nothing to wear at all doesnt quite match up ;D
I think it should be some dusk setting with the sun in the background... would work quite nicely i think.. either that or some kinda moonlit nightscene :D

Xillion
02-19-2005, 03:19 PM
What if she just came out of a nearby waterfall after a night bath ? Maybe she's wet and you have an excuse to pull her clothes off again....

Just kiddin :)
I'd like to see some waterfall(s) in your cave, or moonlit waterfalls in the distance. What do you think ?

jamiehunter
02-19-2005, 04:02 PM
lovely sketch. Nice composition. The position of the hand thats holding the spear seems a little un-natural, I think it would look better holding it with fingers towards her but thats up to you.

Believe it or not, woman can look a lot sexier with clothes on than off.

Rakulei
02-19-2005, 04:24 PM
I love your sketch, its really nice and detailed. Interesting composition set too. Only thing i'm picking at is the hand resting on her thigh; I feel that with her whole body weight on leaning against the spear she should at least have her hand on the ground to support it? That's just my personal opinion =) Good luck, waiting for more updates.

Art2
02-19-2005, 04:48 PM
nice sketch, I would plant her right hand behind her on the ground to support her weight or make her lean against a rock or something.
The way she's posed now looks a bit unbalanced and forced. Preferrably I would let her grab the spear with two hands (same hight as you have now) and let the spear support her weight. Keep it up!

ms@zx
02-19-2005, 05:00 PM
wow,everyone hav a very constructive comments..i shall take consideration on the comments that u guys have fed.before the sugestion,i thought of a warm sunset setting or like what swoop have mentioned,dusk setting with sun would be nice either.hmm,thanks xillion for the suggestion on the waterfall,i'll see how it goes with the current background,perhaps u would like to suggest where the waterfall should be?.jammie hunter,u were right about the fingers too,it would be better with fingers towards her.rakulei:about the right arm,iit was initially on the ground but through the previous comment,it seems like the arms are too long to touch the ground.thats why i made the arm rest on the thigh,or maybe i should adjust the arm slightly forward to the knee?thanks alot everyone:)i'll try to post the next update soon

ms@zx
02-19-2005, 05:03 PM
thanks art2,yeah,that should work alright,i'll follow up with the comment u have given:)

Xillion
02-19-2005, 10:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/warrior_galflatten.jpg

A possibility could be adding the fall just behind her back (you did draw a vertical line there)...the water would flow and jump from the background rock at the left of her belly.

If you add more planes as a background every rock could host a little (and high) fall.
(these would be located at 1/3 left -lower or middle - of the frame...where you have sky/bridge(?)/branches(?) now or above them ,and fading with distance)

Other setting/mood suggestions: moonlit dense Jungle under a volcano with waterfalls, High mountain in summer with sea/bay below, Frosty summer day on high Icy mountain.
I personally like the first: moonlit dense jungle under a volcano (exausted).

we'll see.

last question:
how do you plan to colour ? comic style ? traditional painting ?

ms@zx
02-20-2005, 08:42 AM
thanks alot xillion.i kinda like the suggestion u made about the waterfall,but i still prefer the current background.anyway,i'l try to figure out how the waterfall should work:).here is the changes i've made http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/warrior_galmodi.jpg

ms@zx
02-20-2005, 09:08 AM
another update.since xillion have suggested the background,i tried to come up with one:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/warrior_galmodi2.jpg

Art2
02-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Hey nice changes!

Maybe you could make her head lean forward resting on her arms and spear.
Now she's holding her head up, it doesn't look that comfortable.
And it'll look more relaxed and seductive I think.

Xillion
02-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Nice try. But maybe I forced your vision which was just good. I find your first background more appealing and an 'epic'. this one is a bit too 'vertical'. I like the new waterfall part but I'd keep the top (1/3) of the other image. I liked the curvy cavern shape you drew.

I agree with art2 about her head.

one last thing: if you want the mood be more creepy (than happy or still or seductive) you can put come 'stealthy / lurker' creature on the background (maybe only eyes, maybe in the waterfalls...). like in some vallejo paintings.

ms@zx
02-20-2005, 10:35 AM
thanks for the comment again:)here's another update.made the curve on the upper portion back again and the head lean forward to the hand and the spear.i shall proceed to the color rendering soon
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/warrior_galmodi3.jpg

ms@zx
02-20-2005, 12:26 PM
hey guys,i've made a rough color version of the image,spend roughly an hour on the color rend though..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/warrior_galmodicolor.jpg

Xillion
02-20-2005, 01:10 PM
its gonna be cool ;)

Keep in mind that where there is water there (usually) is life. (musk, bushes or maybe some tiny little flower)
Did you just plan her colour cheme ? is she wearing leather ? or cloth ? maybe some animal skin ? leopard hide ? panther hide ... oddworldly huge beast hide ??
Just kiddin :) ... and trying to give some input you could use.
Other things to think about: Is she tanned or pale skinned ?

ms@zx
02-20-2005, 04:58 PM
yeah..thanks for the suggestion:)i'm still thinking of what sort of material for her clothes wouldsuite her best.llike u said,animal skin maybe a good idea.she's gonna be tanned i guess..:)
here is another update on the background,spend another 1 and a half hours to paint it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/warrior_galmodcolor2.jpg

ms@zx
02-21-2005, 12:27 PM
i had this piece done till here,alil more to go still,spend quite some time painting the gal's body and did alil touch up on the background.:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/warrior_galmodi5.jpg

Art2
02-21-2005, 02:19 PM
hey, comming along nicely. I would make the spear shaft a bit thicker, looks a bit fragile right now.

Neeno
02-21-2005, 02:42 PM
im a 3d man my self but dude i do admire people who take crits serzly.. i followed this thread.. and basically you have catered to your critics and thats awesome.. kept em happy they'll come again... nice work.. good painting.. keep it up, practise maybe one day we'll see you in a 2d Challenge/:thumbsup:

Xillion
02-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Hi ms@zx!

So far it's coming out nicely, you really did a nice shading. and the piece is becoming more and more alive.
three things:
the fall: i think it would be good to tone it down...and...you can use its blueish hues to bring out the girl even more making contrast with her tanned skin.
I some 'ghosting' on the right her extended leg, better toning it down :).
Her rigth foot need attention, it's a bit awkward/hurting placed this way...OUCH!!!
AND
Just two questions:
Do you use references for shading/skin tone ?
Are you painting with water colours ?

Good work and ps.: thanks for your adivices on my piece ;)

Lovliebutterfly
02-21-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm speechless! Very good work! I very much like your watercolor style! :thumbsup:

ms@zx
02-22-2005, 01:59 AM
thanks alot both xillion and lovliebutterflies for the comments,i'll tone down the waterfalls behind her as well as touching up her right foot.there are references for the body tone,but the use of colors are my own imagination.this whole piece was painted using photoshop 7.0 which include the modification of the line art.
thanks alot neeno and art2 for the warm replies:)those comments are very useful to me,without them,i might not be able to produce this piece.i'll be updating soon.
thank u xillion who had guide me through on this

nocric
02-22-2005, 03:42 AM
I don't even need to mark, that your picture is Beautiful (well, it is)
I see you like crits so here's some:
The way this Wip is looking (taken from your last post) I think something oughto be done to the fact that "Warrior Gal" is very much blending into the backround and I have the following thoughts to fix that (you must not follow them unless u really like them)

Maby change the shadows on "Warrior Gal" a bit tad lighter
Maby the clothes somehow (don't know how yet) would also help with the "Warrior Gal"'s blending problem
Maby tha cave rock should look less sandstonelike (yellow) and more some other rock so "Warrior Gal" would stand out more
Maby maby...ahh i have no more thoughts
Like your picture sofar wish you well, bye

hjalmar
02-22-2005, 03:59 AM
wow is all i have to say

i wish i could draw like that:|

blah...but on the crit side...

*looks hard*

*looks harder*

uhh....

ooh...this may just be me, but i think the waterfall as it falls down, hits one level of rocks, then passes behind the outcrop, it comes out a bit too far i think? you have it going down at a different angle than it comes out at

umm yea...thats weak..but its what i noticed that i dont htink has been mentioned

anyways...AMAZING work:P

ms@zx
02-22-2005, 05:01 AM
thanks again hjalmar and nocric
nocric:the shadow u mentioned was on the body or the one cast on the background?i'll try to tone down the value on the dark tone of her body.the cave,right,i'll see what i can do for it and for the costume,hehe,i'll stick to this for the time being,might redesign the clothing though..thanks for the comment and the compliment.
hjalmar:u were right about the waterfall,its indeed coming out alil too far,i'll try to fix that:)

ms@zx
02-23-2005, 01:56 AM
here,just alil update i made on the gal and alil bit on the waterfall,didint have much time to do so.the costumes will come next:)
xillion:''I some 'ghosting' on the right her extended leg,better toning it down'',could u explain alil more,i dont really get it.
thanks for the comments from all of u,its been really useful.
http://www.hugeimage.com/userfiles/michaelsee/warrior_galmodi6.jpg

Xillion
02-23-2005, 07:51 AM
It's ok, there was a bright part near her left leg, but you just corrected it in the new version.

andreasrocha
02-23-2005, 08:12 AM
The colors and texture are starting to come out really nice. Her hip's position doesn't really hint to a resting pose. She seems to be making a big effort. It somehow feels like her butt isn't resting on something. Perhaps you could try adding a small rock surface behind her where she could be resting her behind, so you wouldn't have to rework the pose.
The tree and sky to the left are looking great.

Xillion
02-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Andreas is right. You can also tense more the muscles on the arm / abdominals and get more tension in her hand/forearm if you like to express strain to sustain the body (maybe give a very, very, very slight curve on the shaft - if it's made of wood and you'll keep it's so small - )

ms@zx
02-25-2005, 03:14 PM
hi,itsbeen awhile since the last update,had other stuff to do though,the daily sketch caught my interest and so i spent some time doing stuff for that forums,however,i wont neglect this one,i've touched up alil here and there ,had her face painted and some on her body as well,ileft only the spear and the costumes..hmm:)
http://www.hugeimage.com/userfiles/michaelsee/warrior_galmodi7.jpg

hjalmar
02-25-2005, 05:20 PM
its lookin good man:) the waterfall is a lot better, the hair is lookin nice

the spears shadow might be a bit off...if the light is commin from where the large cliffface shes sitting on seems to indicate, then the shadow of the spear wouldnt be going straight back towards her

but its lookin good man:)

ms@zx
02-25-2005, 05:32 PM
hmm..yeah..thanks alot hjalmar as to point out the the spear shadows.i think the direction of the shadow should be casted towards her left leg.i'll get that fix as soon as possible..:)

Xillion
02-25-2005, 08:29 PM
It's good, but I think you can give her a more pleasant look. it seems to me that her nose is a bit misplaced (maybe it should be al little more on left). eyes are a bit strange too, can you post a closeup ?

ameermagdy
02-25-2005, 09:43 PM
Looking great actually, and the face looks better from the 1st impression, this is a face of a worrior as she is. almost done now, keep it up!!

Haiasi
02-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Lookin nice so far, but the one thing I wanted to nitpick was the girl's cheek highlight on her left (our right) cheek. It seems a bit abrupt and sudden, and sort of takes away a bit from her feminity.

My advice would be to just smooth that little part out a bit :wise:

ms@zx
02-26-2005, 02:59 AM
thanks xillion for the comments of the nose,i'll adjust the nose alil bit:) .actually,like what ameer magdy mentioned,i wanted her to have a warrior look.thanks ninjor to point out that the left cheek looks alil stiff..i'll smooth it out.
thanks alot everyone for the warm support to me to carry out this piece of work:)

Baki
02-26-2005, 06:53 AM
crazy good stuff
can't wait to see the finished product
don't have any critique sorry

ms@zx
02-26-2005, 04:18 PM
hey thanks baki,i'll try to finish off this piece by next week,i have other stuff in hand for the time being:)

WilliG
02-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Dude i love the pose and the set, but i think when you changed her face it became too masculine. Still it's a great pic! Hope u get it finished

deaderthanred
02-27-2005, 02:12 PM
personally i like her new face.. gives her character and she looks more an experienced and hardened warrior than a noob with a spear ;) .. the only thing i might suggest changing is her nose.. seems abit "off" in line with her eyes and lips.
keep up the awesome work!

hjalmar
02-27-2005, 04:28 PM
yea..now that i look it does need to shift to THE left a bit:P and your rocks are lookin like clouds at the top, they will need some attention sooner or later

(wishes he could draw clouds as well as you do your rocks)

G-hand
02-27-2005, 07:04 PM
good job michael, when can we see the finished piece?

ArtSong
02-28-2005, 12:18 PM
Hi Micheal... I've been following your progrees with this work.. and i must say it looks really great.. :) i'm glad you desided to go with the daylight instead :).. i have been watching your other work.. and all i can say .. it's a pleasure to watch.. i have been doing a lot of normal 3D.and normal paper painting in my life . but i'm starting to use my pen/tablet to paint 2D on my pc,, and after i have seen your .. // mini tutorial..:)// i'm even more keen to get started..

Keep up the good work..
Gretz ArtSong

ms@zx
02-28-2005, 06:53 PM
1st and formost,thanks alot everyone for the comments as well as the compliments.
willig and ninjor,i've softened the right portion of the cheek to make it less masculine.
hjalmar and deaderthanred:i've made changes on the shadows that cast from the spear,so does the character.and the nose is fixed:)
i'll try to follow up the rest of the comments soon,have been real hectic these days,besides,i have a few pieces which are still in progress.some of which i have painted halfway..will post it to the finished work forum when i'm done with it:)

artsong:i'd really love to see ur stuff soon,and thanks alot for being so supportive..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/warrior_galmodi9a.jpg

FreakyDude
03-05-2005, 01:13 PM
I like it a lot, one thing that bugs me is I liked it more before she had her hair done. I think there is to much of it and it makes her seems stronger, so in that case more like a warrior indeed. But way less sexier and more buffed up. It's a little less pitoresque. It was a dreamsetting with a dreamwarrior woman, and now it seems (just at tad) more like some heavy metal gal.
Just my 2 cents.

ms@zx
03-06-2005, 04:19 AM
I like it a lot, one thing that bugs me is I liked it more before she had her hair done. I think there is to much of it and it makes her seems stronger, so in that case more like a warrior indeed. But way less sexier and more buffed up. It's a little less pitoresque. It was a dreamsetting with a dreamwarrior woman, and now it seems (just at tad) more like some heavy metal gal.
Just my 2 cents.

thanks alot freakydude for the comments,however,i dont really get how the hair should be done..or maybe i should redesign alil bit on her hair?alil shorter and had it tied up perhaps?i'll see what i can do about it:)thanks again

hjalmar
03-07-2005, 12:57 AM
i dont know, i like the hair as it is, it frames her face well

also, if the spear indicates the light direction, i think you should rethink some of those highlites on her, like the ones on the close side of her stomach? i do believe those would be in shadow

either that or make the spears shadow less apparent if you want more of an ambiant lighting

but id go for dramatic shadows, they always help bring a piece out and make it shine:)

ms@zx
03-07-2005, 12:51 PM
hey thanks alot for the tips hjalmar,i'll see how it goes,i'm not entirely sure if i get what u meant for the dramatic shadow and to make the shadow less apparent.i'd sure like to know more
anyway..sorry for slowing down the progress on this piece,currently on the other piece:)haha
i'll keep on updating though,whenever i had the time.thanks again to all

Shin Tsuki
03-10-2005, 05:38 AM
I've gotta say, I like how this is turning out. I was watching this thread when it was started, but I've kinda been away from the site for a while, so it's changed quite a bit since I last saw it. I can't find too much to crit. The shadow from the spear may be a little too far to the left. And her nose looks a little crooked to me. Like it's pointing off a little too far to her right. Judging from how bright the light is hitting the surface of the rocks, you may want to try darkening up and/or cooling down the shadows on your figure aa bit more. It could make her fit in with the environment a little better. Keep working on it, I'd love to see it finished.:)

Tonik
03-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Lovely piece of work. At first I thought she looked more like a pole dancer about to dance around her pole but with the more earthy colouring she's looking a lot more warrior-like holding her spear.

For my taste it looks a little posed but that seems to be the style of a lot of fantasy artists. Even Boris Vallejo's stuff gives that impression. I'm not knocking this though as the anatomy, colouring and sense of depth are spot on - I really like it. Great job so far !

sergioKomic
03-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Its moving on beutifully...

I'm quite impressed!
one thing though she doesn;t have the toes of a warior............
no realy, her feet look as tho she just kicked of her gucci high heels!

SoniaNotRed
03-10-2005, 04:46 PM
(Reminds me of "Luna de Después" by Luis Royo)

It's evolving quite well, but I still think the nose is a bit odd (sorry). It looks like your seeing it too much from the side when it should be a bit more from the front - the perspective is a bit off, I guess.

ms@zx
03-11-2005, 12:45 AM
thanks alot everyone for the comments as well as the crits.really appreciate it.:)
shin tsuki:thanks mate,i'll look into it for the crits u have fed..the shadow of the warrior and such.
tonik:thank u for the reply,yes i admired those fanatasy artist's works alot, i must say my work on this piece has alot of influence from them.:)
sergiokomic:thanks alot..lol,right,actually,the feet hasnt been done yet.i'll see how it goes from there..thanks again for pointing that out.
sonianotred:yep,the nose,i spot the problem too..'ll fix it as soon as i move on with the piece:)haha,i guess the composition i made is kinda common,didnt realise that the piece i made look similiar to royo's until i actually saw it just now

thanks again for the feedbacks:)hope i have the time to complete the piece..~

sergioKomic
03-11-2005, 03:11 PM
No prob,

;)

ms@zx
03-14-2005, 01:13 PM
hey guys.its been awhile though..havent much time to do my paintings..sigh..here i made a slight updates on the gal skin tone,nose job done.hopefully it looks better now:)adjusted the spear shadows...thanks for the comments guys:)i'll keep this coming..
http://www.hugeimage.com/userfiles/michaelsee/warrior_galmodi9.jpg

http://www.hugeimage.com/userfiles/michaelsee/warrior_galmodi10.jpg
http://www.hugeimage.com/userfiles/michaelsee/warrior_galmodiface.jpg

Oneironaut
03-14-2005, 02:31 PM
The overall flow of the figure is great, I like how she seems to balance on the rock. The warm colors you chose to do work well also I really like the face. It has good changes of planes in value.

nice work.

sergioKomic
03-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Its getting better........

keep up :arteest:

ms@zx
03-15-2005, 04:25 PM
(p.s. notice my avatar? I "borrowed" some of your colors)

haha~~which one did u borrowed?

sergioKomic
03-15-2005, 04:50 PM
the whole "feel" of your background (copy)

on my background (paste)

Thank you!
and my appologies:wip: :cool: :bowdown:

Mordalles
03-15-2005, 07:21 PM
wow, looks great!

fundagenie
03-16-2005, 07:26 AM
it is coming up great....keep up the good work....
want to see more of it....

FundaG

jmBoekestein
03-16-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm looking into colours as of lately, it was very interesting to see you use the same colours on the female as on the background. Very beautiful piece.:thumbsup:

TheFirstAngel
05-08-2005, 07:11 AM
Wonderfull work Michael. Looking forward to your next update! keep it up my friend!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ZaiZen
05-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Good composition, excellent colours and render techniques. I learned a few things watching this and want to thank you. I like the expression on her face, which you can really see on the closeup. Hope it shows as well in the final result. Best of luck and fun with this now.

ms@zx
05-12-2005, 05:49 PM
hey guys,thank u soo much for the comments and being supportive.its been awhile since i last update on this one,been bz with my master and servant entry and almost left this one out..hehe..here's a slight update.:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/warrior_galmodi12.jpg

hjalmar
05-12-2005, 09:55 PM
i liked it better before when the cloth was just raglike..the stitching makes it look to rock solid. maybe if you made it smaller? the stitching that is...not the clothes....

also, one more lighting thing i just noticed, if her lower legs hanging over the edge of the cliff face, its not gonna be getting any highlights from the sun

but i really like the spear and how that turned out:D w00t for weapons!!

ms@zx
05-24-2005, 10:57 AM
got ya hjalmar.thanks alot for the comment here,i'll paint it raglike and see how it turns out to be.yeap,u r right about the highlight on the leg.i'll fix that as soon when it comes to that:)thanks again:)

ms@zx
05-24-2005, 12:51 PM
here it goes.i'll try to finish off the clothing only to the leg part.thanks again :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/warrior_galmodi13.jpg

RealCapri
05-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Nice painting look u've achieve here. I like the highlights on her body. Personally, I prefer her looks (face) in the pencil sketch u did earlier.

Nazirull
05-30-2005, 01:39 PM
Hey i remember that background...Boris Vallejo rite? I got one on soft pastels with the original chick....im loving it....she looks mean.

Zephyri
06-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Hey Michael... beautiful work here. That background is utterly gorgeous, I have no idea how you managed to get it looking so painterly, if I hadn't seen it here I'd have presumed it was a Vallejo WIP. The vegetation hanging from the branches is masterfully done, the transition to darkish green from the brown is great, and you dont have to put loads of detail in for the eye to see the texture and such like. Well, it's like that all over really, the rocks, the clothing and the spear are all so well done. I really like her face too... she has very intense eyes, you get the feeling she's a wonderfully strong willed woman not afraid of fending for herself. Great work!

hjalmar
06-02-2005, 09:08 AM
yea dude, i wanna know also!! tell us!!! we tell you how you do things badly, so you gotta be nice and tell us how to do things goodly:D

xric7
06-02-2005, 06:02 PM
realy awsome!!
sexy pose and character:drool: .overall is look great.keep going,buddy.cheers.:thumbsup: :buttrock:

JamesMarshall
06-02-2005, 06:19 PM
It's looking fantastic!

Really good job on composition, lighting, and color scheme!

beelow
06-02-2005, 08:37 PM
You got something nice going on here looks great...Keep bangin' it out. I will show you what I am working on these days...Holla!:thumbsup:

ms@zx
06-08-2005, 07:38 AM
ahhww~thank u soo much guys for all the lovely comments and crits,i've been spending too long on this,there arent any special techniques applied in this piece,its all manually painted,i did applied some of the filters alil here and there,the vegetation on the branches were done using smudge tool,the raglike clothes that covers her top was really tough to deal with.i'll try to update more soon,left only a few.thanks alot guys(everyone who replied) for feeding me those precious comments,it really helps alot:)
beelow-i'm looking forward to see ur new stuff.
hjalmar,zepyhri,manarello,jamesmarshall,xric and realcapri- thank u!~!~!:love:

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2005, 07:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.