PDA

View Full Version : C4d R9 Sdk

fretshredder
02-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Greetings Everyone --

I am gearing up to write a plugin and had a question to anyone with a working knowledge of the newest SDK. I cannot seem to get it to compile. I am getting errors along the lines of:

d:\Applications\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R9\resource\_api\c4d_libs\lib_ngon.h(212): error C2383: 'NgonBaseLib::FindPolygon' : default-arguments are not allowed on this symbol

Is there a library discrepancy I am not seeing?

TIA
/gary

Per-Anders
02-03-2005, 11:31 PM
default arguments usually just means that there's a line somehwere with the following:

void AClass::AFunction(Bool AArgument = TRUE) { return C4DOS->SomeThing(AArgument); }

the trouble is VC.NET wont allow this anymore, because the default argument has already been defined in the header it's fine to remove it here, i.e. it'll become

void AClass::AFunction(Bool AArgument) { return C4DOS->SomeThing(AArgument); }

then you should be able to compile.

and if you're bringing a project accross then you may do well to just bring the source files into a newer R9 C4D SDK project.

fretshredder
02-03-2005, 11:42 PM
Ah! that is very useful information. Thanks mdme_sadie!! No, this is a fresh project within the r9 SDK

I appreciate the pointer!
/gary

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.