PDA

View Full Version : dirtmap ring from spotlight

markw7
02-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Anyone know how to supress the ring of dirt showing up in this render (see attachment)?

I have a spotlight directed through the window. The wall has a Dirtmap, like so:

wall shader >> diffuse channel >> luminance node >> Dirtmap

... so the ring is the trace of the cone of the spotlight on the surface of the wall. How to elliminate?

markw7
02-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Looks like it goes away when the light emits photons. So, uh, nevermind...

joie
02-04-2005, 10:34 AM
I I think is much better to render a separate ditmap pass since it is much useful in post-process stage and it renders faster than the entire render with dirtmap in it. I do it that way and itīs cool.

Itīs my opinion though.

markw7
02-09-2005, 06:43 AM
Yup, you're totally right joie. I'm just figuring all this out and got to the point where my system couldn't handle the gi/fg stuff, so this is a nice compromise (http://www.cgtalk.com/showpost.php?p=1804391&postcount=11). I think dirtmap = fake fg, more or less, right?

Jozvex
02-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Does the spotlight have lightfog applied? If so it could be that your volume samples are too low.
Or if you're using MR shadowmapping it could be that the shadowmap samples need increasing.

hehe :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.