PDA

View Full Version : Bump Maps C4d

ArtofacksOne
02-03-2005, 08:13 PM
There was an awesome site i found here that shows all kinds of bump maps and there preview once rendered. If it some how comes to mind please post been going crazy looking for it..

LucentDreams
02-03-2005, 08:43 PM
I think your very confused with your terms and such.

Bump maps can be anything, what your thinkin of was a site posted that had all the different noises and how they look rendered with displacement

AdamT
02-03-2005, 08:43 PM
http://www.cybergooch.com/pages/c4d/noise/c4d_noise.htm

:)

ArtofacksOne
02-03-2005, 08:53 PM
ya that site thanks dude.

ArtofacksOne
02-03-2005, 09:17 PM
i tried a couple of noises what i do is make my sphere than i make a material click on bump choose my noise image i made in PS then apply and render i get just a circle not really the cool deformation out line i get the texture but no real 3d bump.. Can u guys help me with this?

Thansk
~Rob

Hilt
02-03-2005, 09:36 PM
I'd really like to see the result you get. Or better yet, the file.

So far I thought failing with bumps was nearly impossible :D

.hilt

JIII
02-03-2005, 09:40 PM
hmm yeah, are you sure you are loading it in the bump channel?

LucentDreams
02-03-2005, 10:17 PM
thats his problem is he's loading it into the bump channel. Obviosly didn't read my post mentioning displacement.

ArtofacksOne
02-03-2005, 11:06 PM
http://www.creativescientist.com/bump.zip

Ye sir i read your post. :) I called it in the displacement but i dont get the bump.

Thanks in Advance for your help...http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gif

laiels
02-03-2005, 11:19 PM
There's two problems. 1st, in the displacement channel, you have a height of 0, meaning you're telling C4D to displace your sphere 0m, which isn't going to do anything. 2nd, on your sphere, you either need to uncheck "render perfect" or make it editable so it's an actual polygon object.

Cybergooch
02-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Ye sir i read your post. :) I called it in the displacement but i dont get the bump.

Hi, I just took a look at your file...2 problems, one is that you need to make your sphere an editable object, and 2nd is that your height was set to 0 for displacement. Try changing those two things.

Doh!...how does one delete a post when it's a duplicate?

ArtofacksOne
02-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Thanks guys :) that was exatcly it. theres just a few small stuff here and there in C4d that works different from Strata CX which i am transitioning over from. I appreciate it. I will post my new model sometime this week if not monday for show and tell. Thank You Guys!

~Rob

p.s. i didnt jump aff the bridge after all I was saved by CGtalk.com http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

BooMer86
02-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Does C4D support normal bump?
What the diff between normal bump and SPD?
I tried SPD and it looked and feel like got more depth than the bump but i donno what is tat for.

Erik Heyninck
02-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Bump is not displacement. Bump is an illusion (within an illusion as digital 3D is flat) and will not go outside its borders. Displacement really displaces polys.

To be able to displace, there ha to be something to displace, meaning you need more polys per surface. This increases stress on your puter's ram.
SubPolyDisplacement does not need all those polys, but creates virtual ones that further subdivide your mesh. This is far less stressy for the ram, but calculation may tae its time in complex scenes with lots of polys.

Normal maps for bump in cinema can be used with the help of Remotion's paranormal plugin. ( www.remotion.de.vu ). It works like bump on steroids, but it does not do actual displacement. Renders fast, and works like a grand cru classé.

BooMer86
02-04-2005, 01:41 PM
THANKS FOR THE INFO! :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.