PDA

View Full Version : blendshape expression question

tmac
02-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Okay I know that expressions are evil. . . .but I was wondering if anyone knows a better way to trigger a morph based on the rotation of a joint in two axis. . . . I think I need a "conditional" expression

ie) if armJnt is rotated in both Y90 and X90 trigger "fix morph"

I initially wanted to use Set Driven Key but it only looks at one axis per driver.

Does anyone know what the syntax would be for an expression like this?

Better yet is there a utility node solution?

any help would be greatly appreciated

tmac

john_homer
02-04-2005, 02:07 AM
Better yet is there a utility node solution?

you just answered your own question... yes there is...
surprisingly its called a condition node :rolleyes:

.j

tmac
02-04-2005, 06:27 PM
thanks for the reponse John,

I'll look into that. . . .I think I might need to do something a little more complex. . . .I realized i need to have the morph blend on as both axis reach 90 degress. . . .and only if both axis are rotating.

with bspirit plug I can now easily make a corrective shape it's the linking of them that is very tricky on ball joints.

sneezy
02-04-2005, 07:09 PM
you might try this guy's script also: http://www.fourthdoor.com/scripts/It was built to do what you are wanting to do. Works great for me until I save the scene, so as long as you know that in advance it might be useful to you.

JohnPark
02-05-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm currently using Michael Comet's poseDeformer plugin for this type of thing. http://www.comet-cartoons.com/toons/melscript.cfm

-JP

tmac
02-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Thanks guys for the replys and advice. . . .Mike Comet's pose deformer looks like the best solution I've seen so far. . .I was trying to create a blendshape approach to the problem. . . .I'm trying to keep a streamlined "simple is best" deformation pipeline. . . basically just joints and blendshapes. . . . thanks again

tmac

JohnPark
02-05-2005, 07:01 AM
Tmac, yes, I agree that pose space deformation is very promising for the simple is best approach you mentioned. Also, it's great that it takes place in joint space after the skin deformation.
-JP

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.