PDA

View Full Version : Mercenaries

scottybrown100
02-03-2005, 05:34 PM
This is a short series I have been working on, its about a group of mercenaries who travel the world doing good through war (" I can do something with the pull of my trigger that it would take the leaders of the world three years do to." says one of my characters). Some people liken my ideas and stories to the "A-Team". I have never seen even a single episode of the "A-Team" so I don't know if they are.
To be honest, I don't have a title for my prospective series, I haven't been able to find one that I really like, if anyone has a suggestion, feel free to give it.
While there are many mercenary characters, there are only five main characters that will be shown in each episode.
I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me for breaking any guidelines/rules when I say that I would also be open to doing this series as a graphic novel. I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination, and I will not pretend to be one. I am a writer, the only pictures I can draw are the ones inside my head, what I'm looking for is someone who can take my ideas, take my words, and put them down into visual images that can be understood, ponderd over and (best of all) felt emotionally.

If your interested, and respond to this thread, I will e-mail you a sample paragraph that you can work with. Draw as many, or as few images as you want, or make the clip as long or as short as you want.

scottybrown100
02-04-2005, 12:27 AM
My other idea (one that I have not started writing on, but have only begun gathering information) would be a Freedom Fighter story set in America. Rather than deal with why the Chinese invaded (I choose the Chinese to be the evil invaders), I would like to simply focus on a particular group of freedom fighters as they go through the war.
Which ever one gets more support I would most likely go with.

BigJay
02-10-2005, 04:19 AM
maybe post a page of the script for people to see if they would be interested. unless you are paying you will need to get people interested in the story. From what you discribed the story can be anything from A-Team, delta force, That Tarentino movie with the bank heist to get money to battle evil dictators.... You need to show how your story is different from the rest.

Marc-OlivierBouchard
02-12-2005, 04:50 AM
I can only critic the piece of dialogue you gave us.
You say your characters are trying to be good but in his quote he sounds almost fascist.
Unless I don't understand well, he means that by assasinating the right persons he can decide the fate of countries...

Mordalles
02-12-2005, 09:43 PM
yeah, give us a short description or desvcribe a scene or something that you want to be drawn.

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.