PDA

View Full Version : WIP:Robotic hand

BrutalMonk
02-03-2005, 03:29 PM
HI guys!
i've made a robot hand drowing on an arts lesson. I used 2B and a HB pencils. 130 mins.
Any idea is welcomed,
I would like to colorize it.
The ref was my own hand, and after it i added the affix.
http://brutalmonk.uw.hu/paintings/robot_kez_small.jpg

---:::High res:::---
(http://brutalmonk.uw.hu/paintings/robot_kez_big.jpg)
Write down if u have any crits!
Thanx,

Dave,

mi_marilyn
02-03-2005, 08:58 PM
nice hand you have there :) Just some tiny stuff you could do:

I don't know if this look is intended, but I assume you're heading for a more realistic look of the hand. Then I would add more structure to the human part. More wrinkles where the joints and knuckles are. And some tiny spots at the back where the hair is growing maybe.

Try to work on the inside of the fingers. Uptil now everything is plain black. You could draw some veines and more shadow in the darker areas, suggesting more dimension. You could also turn the technical bones a bit, so that its not just a front view. You probably have to scan it for that, I'm not sure if you want to do that. But if, you could give the flesh some thickness as well. Like pieces of flesh lapping over the mechanical bones.

I'm not really sure about the colour. I would give it a dark background (just some structure, nothing detailed), maybe some dark green or something, so that the veines can stand out in contrast to it. It' s funny how a background can make the drawing stand out with little work. So try working out some structure... With some lighting it could also work in black and white...

Looking forward to see the finished piece.
I hope this helped a little.

greetings,
marilyn

ditchman
02-04-2005, 04:52 PM
i just wanted to agree with mi_marilyn, the skin needs some thickness to it to look realisic. at the moment it looks like a 'cut away veiw' for a technical illustration- this could work too. you could put on mock diagrams and electronic flow charts - just a thought.

BrutalMonk
02-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Thanx for comments mi_marilyn and ditchman !
As You said, it is not too realistic. But this is a finished drowing, i dont want to change on it anything. But in pohotoshop, everything is allowed, so maybe ditchman's second idea is the best. I would like to add some sic-fi things eg.: x-rays or something like that.
Black color will prevail. And green light is going to be added on it.
But i wont live the skin irrealistic. I try to find texture, and im goin to add some "some tiny spots at the back where the hair is growing maybe."
About vienes:
hmm i dont no, i have no idea what to do maybe i will try to add some kind of vienes.
About bg:
Hmm dark background is good idea, i will work on it.

Thanx for the comments again, and sorry i couldnt reply yesterday cuz i was busy.
Dave

digiscape
03-22-2005, 12:07 AM
i dunno if its just me but your image seems to be taking forever to load still here 5 mins later :( so i cant give any C&C :(

upload it somewhere else?

pongball
03-22-2005, 12:38 AM
^ I agree with him. I'm on hyperfast dsl and this thing loading is pretty brutal, im not going to wait another 2-3 mins!

Korline
07-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Hi there, I don't know how much I can help, but if you look at the perspective the thickness of the line are changing, what is close to you if you looking from the top you just see the ege and futher down you see inside, so it makes lines different thicknes that what creates illusion of depth, cose after all you looking at flat piece of paper
:p

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2005, 09:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.