PDA

View Full Version : NPR1 Non-Photorealistic Rendering

Gonzo The Great
09-12-2002, 03:43 AM
You guys seem to be heavily into GI and radiosity and all that crap as am I.... but I'm producing a film that alters visually over the course of its story.

NPR1 from the Reyes product line is one that looks good on the surface...

...But is there anyone here using it... how is it really in the ruff?

How is it's flexibility? Its not just limited to oil-paint, pastels etc. that they mentioned on the site is it?

One last thing... is it a Render-Effect (i.e. It uses Max's renderer then applies the filtering or does it have its own engine? Because if not that would suck. How fast it is at Hi-Res, Heavy Geometry scenes?

Cheers,
Gonzo

playmesumch00ns
09-18-2002, 03:44 PM
I don't now the plugin itself, but the method I am very familiar with, and certainly the pictures on infographica's site look good. It should be fine for heavy geometry scenes as long as you got enough ram, tho remmber you may have to spend a lot of time setting up the paint parameters for all the different objects.

It can do pretty much everything you could want, with some major limitations, but you should be able to do paint, pencil, crayon etc just fine. But don't count on having watercolour or proper brushstrokes - you're limited to 'daubs' of paint

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.