PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with my LW?

Mangled Poly
09-12-2002, 03:31 AM
Ok for some reason all the lines (grid, and wireframe) show really fuzzy/blurry... I think its something with my prefrances cause my system is fine and i can see really thin lined text clear in the menu...

Also when ever i move an object or face the orthaganal windows start slightly shaking and looking all wierd? but then are fine when im done moving...

My system:
Tbird - 1.2 ghz
768 pc 133 ram
Geforce 4 4600 Ti (xtacy)
19" flat screen KDS monitor.

proton
09-12-2002, 04:16 AM
I'd call Tech Support and find out if there are any issues with your video Card......that's what it sounds like....do you have the latest drivers for your card?

Mangled Poly
09-12-2002, 05:18 AM
ya just downloaded em why would there be a problem with my card... i have seen a couple people have used this card.

Valkyrien
09-12-2002, 05:46 AM
i don't think he means the LINE of cards, but rather your particular card.

wgreenlee1
09-12-2002, 06:08 AM
I run the Ti 200 and Ive found with GeForce the Detonaters are better and XP has some really good drivers for that OS.

Mangled Poly
09-12-2002, 06:14 AM
hmm i xp and detonators....

CIM
09-12-2002, 06:19 AM
The newest nVidia drivers are bad, so that might be your problem. I suggest staying at an earlier version until they fix the problem.

isnowboard
09-12-2002, 06:25 AM
I have a G4 Ti4200, am on WinXP and had trouble with the new Nvidia drivers. Everything works now, but am avoiding the new drivers. Make sure you're not using the beta ones they have. Just use the ones that came with your cd.

Frankie
09-12-2002, 12:46 PM
Do you have Antialising turned on? Every 3d program I have used has had weried effects when antialising is enabled.

Mangled Poly
09-12-2002, 01:39 PM
Ok ill give it a try with the old det. drivers thanks a bunch guys!

Valkyrien
09-13-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by CIM
The newest nVidia drivers are bad, so that might be your problem. I suggest staying at an earlier version until they fix the problem.

how so? i've had no problems...or are you talking about the new BETA drivers?:confused:

mix
09-13-2002, 05:18 AM
Sounds to me like you'v got forced x4 antialising in you'r graphics card advanced options, set it to (let application define level of antialising), lightwave has its own way of antialising your the visuals.
If Im right, layouts grid should look realy wack.
But Im pretty sure thats the problem.

Mangled Poly
09-13-2002, 06:08 AM
Ok mix id like to first say thnx.. also to all others who helped.. however mix nailed the problem....

Proton you should add this to the faq:
It seems on the Nvidia cards you cant have it enable any antialaising settings by the card our you get ugly glitching in orthaganal viewports when moving stuff around or creating objects. I had QuinCunx Anti. invoked for games i play, However LW didnt like this. As soon as i switched it to application choice then all problems where fixed. It was not the recent drivers i did much testing on installing and reinstalling and older version and the newest.

I figure this might be helpful on Newtecks FAQ because alot of people may edit around the settings as i did to improve image quality. Also maybe a bug for LW staff to work on so i dont have to keep switching my settings? Any ways best of luck and if you have any questions please feel free to message me!

*included a picture for you to see!*

Mangled Poly
09-15-2002, 12:19 AM
Proton did you see this thread?

proton
09-15-2002, 12:24 AM
I've sent a link to Tech Support....thanx!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.