PDA

View Full Version : A few new C4D video tutorials

3DKiwi
02-03-2005, 05:05 AM
Hi everyone. I've been a busy little bee the week or so and knocked out a few new free video tutorials. All have audio commentary and 1024x768 res Flash format.

Intro to modeling clothes tutorial with Clothilde. Demonstrates new rel 9 tools Stitch & sew, Create polygon. Also demonstrates using Construction planes, the clone and mirror tools. 15 minutes

Texturing tutorial that goes through some of the different projection modes, using images, using the texture tools, alpha channels. Finally I finish up doing a mini project on making a forest using a tree texture, using the blue screen technique for the mask / alpha channel and using the duplicate and randomize tools to make the forest. Shows how to use the Sun expression. 27 minutes

Beginners texturing tutorial. The video covers creating colours, the Material Manager, different ways to apply textures, using selections to have multiple colours applied to objects, creating a checkerboard material and adjusting it parameters and loading pre made materials and textures that come with C4D. 22 minutes

Motion retargetting. Here's some fun using motion capture data and the Plastic Man figure. The 2 part video tutorial covers motion targetting and blending in rel 9. Pt 1 12min 38sec 18.0mb Pt2 5min 48sec 11.6mb Flash format movies.

Head over to http://www.c4dcafe.com You will need to sign up as a member (free)

Regards
3DKiwi

acmepixel
02-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Wow, you really bang them out. These are very useful. Much appreciated.

Nothing beats "monkey see, monkey do", for answering those esoteric manual questions. :applause:

poly-phobic
02-07-2005, 10:11 PM
i signed up, but i have not yet received the regstration email.
i'll one more day i suppose. .

3DKiwi
02-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Registration is instant and automated. We sent an automated email to your email address supplied. You then have to click on the link to activate your membership.

If you still can't join, email me at 3dkiwi@c4dcafe.com

Regards
3DKiwi

mt_sabao
02-11-2005, 10:51 AM
hey, kiwi! Great stuff as usual.
Just one thing, the caracther you use in the clothilde tut, were can i find it? i have the impression that itīs on one of the c4dīs cds but i canīt find it. Am i wrong? If so, were is it?

Thanks
LuisC

3DKiwi
02-11-2005, 05:27 PM
The Claude figure is in the tutorial folder for the Quickstart scenes in rel 9. I can't recall whether I had to load it manually. It's certainly on the CD's.

Sounds like you're loged in nw. Great :)

~3DKiwi

Raster
03-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Fantastic stuff much appreciated :bounce:

Wormoon
04-02-2005, 01:50 PM
OH no no no no

i can't reg it !

all the tut I can't read!

3DKiwi
04-02-2005, 04:46 PM
You need to be a bit clearer what you mean. Can't register or can't download or something else. We have thousands of happy downloaders.

~3DKiwi

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2005, 04:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.