PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Extreme Sport - Character - dmcgrath

dmcgrath
09-12-2002, 03:17 AM
I am going for a 2D and 3D challenge this time around, so the updates may be few and far between, but I hope you will still be able to enjoy it.

I dont have a name for the guy yet. Ill go interactive right now and ask for name suggestions.
This sport takes place in the deep south, and it's a modified version of bungee jumping.

Any ideas? Beaufus, Elmer, Mordecai? Names that really burn the stereotype of the South.

I started with the name Barney, but it just doesnt quite do it.

Iguiniz.X.
09-12-2002, 11:46 AM
Well 1 of my the steriotypes is "FARMER TED" but I donīt know if that is a gu from the south.
then is he ungy jumping and the cord attached to his neck?
Man that i................

dmcgrath
09-20-2002, 02:07 AM
Okay Ive been slacking here, and now I have to go to school dammit. But here's some early color work .

Since I have no other responses, besides Iggy (:)), I will name him

Mordecai

Slacker
09-22-2002, 03:22 AM
don't slack, that's my job. lol, and, being a man from texas, I'd suggest Bubba Wayne Mordecai.

cheers. :beer:

dmcgrath
09-22-2002, 05:09 AM
Hot Damn!!!
Thats a good name there, boy. Mighty Chris'n, 'f you ask me.
:beer:

Okay, Bubba Wayne Mordecai, it is.

Im original from CO, so its okay for me to make fun of Texans, and their complete inablity to ski. (Though I do applaud your enthusiasm)

Thanks, for the name, I think it fits perfectly.:thumbsup:

Kirt
09-22-2002, 05:13 AM
Im original from CO, so its okay for me to make fun of Texans, and their complete inablity to ski. (Though I do applaud your enthusiasm)ROFLMAO ... too funny! :D

Hey, is this guy bungee jumping? That's what it looks like so far ... but I'm sure you have something else in mind for him.

dmcgrath
09-22-2002, 05:15 AM
Yes bungee jumping, but that isnt quite extreme enough for this challenge, so, there is a twist.

Ill work on it tonight and have something to post tomorrow.

dmcgrath
09-23-2002, 03:47 AM
Bubba 2.0 details (moving slow, but not slacking:wavey: )

dmcgrath
09-30-2002, 08:22 AM
boy are we sad or what???
the 2d side is moving so slow, we arent keeping too many people interested.

started on the bridge here

dmcgrath
09-30-2002, 09:59 PM
more updates, I was on a roll last night.

Iguiniz.X.
10-01-2002, 12:18 PM
man that is goinig nicely,

nice bridge by the way...
well I seemt o have discovered the extreme thing abouth your sport, and that is that the rope is attached to his tooth..
Ain't I right?

and yes your right we do lag in updates at the 2d section, so we ain't interested for the 3d challenge but on the other hand they have plenty of participaters. Update lagging isn't noticed that well with more participants.
I hope to get some stuff on the challenge very soon.
to keep up the updates.
Damn.., if I only could get a good composition.:annoyed:

dmcgrath
10-01-2002, 11:10 PM
Ig, you nailed it. It is Extreme Tooth Pulling. Bubba Wayne Mordecai is last years champion.

BTW if you need any help with composition I would be happy to help.

Winner !!!! Iguiniz.X. Winner!!!!

you get an emoticon, to do with as you choose.

:argh:

Iguiniz.X.
10-02-2002, 01:01 AM
Your always welcome to give me some composition ideas
so trow them on the table.:arteest: :thumbsup:

OZ
10-03-2002, 10:33 AM
X TREME!!!!

AMAZING idea! Cool style!:beer:

dmcgrath
10-09-2002, 02:28 AM
Here is the new stuff. Almost finished, just some more work on Bubba, and add some people looking over the railing edge.

http://www.spatiallight.net/twoDee/bubba_3.jpg

Slacker
10-10-2002, 12:30 AM
lookin good mr. extrimity... just a few crits, though. might want to make the bridge at a little less of a slant. It seems at the angle the viewpoint is coming from, the bridge would look a little more up and down (side view) than underneath... hard to explain... currently looks like more of a ground up shot than a view from behind the tree... also, maybe tie the rope to the top rail, so bubba doesn't fall trying to tie the rope to the bottom of the bridge BEFORE he gets to participate in the Extreem Tooth Pulling championships.

just some observations, don't hate me. :D

love the squirell. :thumbsup:

dmcgrath
10-10-2002, 12:45 AM
Im in agreement with you on some of it. Dont worry, there is no hate there. All of your crits are constructive not destructive. :)

I need to keep working on it a bit more, I actually finished the people (4) on the bridge looking down at Bubba. As to where the rope is tied I just figured that it's stronger to tie it there, instead of causing stress on the handrail. I like the squirrel also, thanks, he's doing one of these :thumbsup: you're right.
It is supposed to be more of a ground up shot, but, I had to put some stuff in the foreground to balance it.

dmcgrath
10-12-2002, 10:59 PM
Heres the link to the final Image, its about 90k. Not too bad, my server is fast.

http://www.spatiallight.net/twoDee/ExtremePull.jpg

I haven't signed it yet, not completely done I guess.
Any more input would be helpful, thanks.

Slacker
10-13-2002, 07:55 AM
lol. i love it. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.