PDA

View Full Version : how do u set your effects as an overlay...a multiply..screen ect?

james noto
02-02-2005, 11:02 PM
In photoshop when we use an effect for example a blur..we can have that blur as an overlay.screen,multiply and what not.....can we do this in affter effects.if so how?

adambiz
02-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Apply the effect to an adjusment layer (layer>new>adjustment layer), located above your layer, and then change its mode.

Does anyone know if there's a way to make an adjustment layer for specific layers you choose, without pre-composing?

thanks,
adam.

james noto
02-03-2005, 02:31 PM
hey thanks alot.worked right away.I just love how the easiest of things youll spend 5 hours trying to figure out and then notice its hidden away in the interface somewhere

Dutchman
02-03-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm not completaly sure you mean what I tell you ( ;) ) but you can set it by right-clicking on the layer and via the menu 'Transfer Mode'. Then its just like in Photoshop (sets it on top of the layer under it :) )

I hope this is what you asked :bounce: .... and good luck with it :) ,
Gijs

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.