PDA

View Full Version : Render Disk Flipbook Issue (Quicktime)

zeilstra999
02-02-2005, 05:52 AM
Was having issues today working on Shake. Went to use the Render Disk Flipbook option under the Render menu to get it to Quicktime to save, and when I clicked the Render button, it did it's pre-render thing, and then nothing. The Quicktime flipbook didn't launch with my composit in it. It just didn't show up after pre-render.
Anyone got any ideas as to why this happened... er didn't happen? whatever...

Thanks.

beaker
02-02-2005, 09:39 PM
You probably don't have permission to write to /var/tmp. Do a "chmod -R 755 /var/tmp" in the shell. Are you also having problems seeing icons on your filein nodes?

zeilstra999
02-03-2005, 06:40 PM
yes, I am, no thumbnails are coming up. Oh, by the way I am on a G5 just in case. Also these are the school's G5's and they just got them so I don't know if they are completely set up properly.

zeilstra999
02-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks beaker. It seems to have helped, and had gotten taken care of. Talked to my teacher/administrator, and he got it going. I believe he did what you said.

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.