PDA

View Full Version : what is this tool?

BlackL1ghtn1ng
02-02-2005, 01:52 AM
Can anyone tell me what the name of the tool in this (http://www.3dzealot.com/php/index.php) video is called, the one that adds a perpendicular cut thru the selected edges? The author has a toolbar on the left side of the screen and clicks it multiple times throughout the vid, but I can't figure out what it is. Is it something custom or is it an existing tool? I'm willing to try to write a script for it if I have to but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. Thanks in advance.

WhiteRabbitObj
02-02-2005, 06:11 AM
I don't have or use LightWave so I can't tell for sure, but it looks like a LoopSplit tool. I'm a Maya user and Maya doesn't even come with a LoopSplit, I use a package called MJPolyTools which adds it but is limited. I'll assume LW had more extensive tools for LoopSplitting, as only splitting the selected edges is a useful and logical tool to have. You should look for that tool and see if it's what you're looking for.

BlackL1ghtn1ng
02-02-2005, 06:04 PM
sorry, I should have specified. This is a Max tutorial.

leo.artefinal
02-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Try to use de Connect tool. (select the edges, Ctrl+Shift+E)

WhiteRabbitObj
02-02-2005, 08:11 PM
My bad, sorry, I thought it was the LW interface from the video. :) Hope that leo.artefinal's post helped you out with this though.

BlackL1ghtn1ng
02-03-2005, 12:33 AM
thanks guys. It was the connect tool :thumbsup:

leo.artefinal
02-10-2005, 10:05 PM
thanks guys. It was the connect tool :thumbsup:

Ok. Thank you for this tut too. I ts very cool!!!

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.