PDA

View Full Version : the Forgotten (weekly concept)

SkyePhelps
02-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Ok, at my school I've started a weekly concept thing, to get the students interested in drawing new stuff, and help those that just have run out of ideas... we just started this week and have gotten a small group of really interested people in it, well I've started working on the concept myself, so I'm going to be posting some progress on here too... and get crits from you guys.

Here's the Prompt I came up with...

Your character is intuned with the weave of this world, the power that keeps everything intact and flowing from day to day. In the days of old your character would have been called a magician or a wizard. But today no one believes in such things and that is just how your character likes it.

But things have gone wrong, and now some un-known agency is after your character and your character must be ready for these technocrats that deal in only technology.

Draw a scene in which your character is being confronted by members of this agency. The time period is present day, and your character lives in the city. Your character also has a few little quarks about him/her. The character has a permanet wound, this wound was cause by a battle, or by mistake but it can never be healed because of the nature of the way the character received it, not magic or modern health can help you heal it. Your character also works for an Antiques dealership, a front for magical artifacts that are found through out the world.

Squibbit
02-01-2005, 04:55 PM
just sweet..immediately tempted to participate :D ... brings
to mind "Longest Journey" , a great computer adventure game..

SkyePhelps
02-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Here's are some poses that I sketched out trying to get an idea for what I want.

http://www.wolfwere.com/portstore/cgtalk/forgottenweek1/sketches01.jpg

SkyePhelps
02-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah... anyone who wants to participate on here is more than welcome, seeing everyone's ideas from a single prompt is always loads of fun... :)

SkyePhelps
02-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Here's is a bit more progress... on the pose, I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, the clothes are a bit loose, and I'm sure I'm getting the emotion that I should, I'll prolly work on it more some tonight...

http://www.wolfwere.com/portstore/cgtalk/forgottenweek1/sketches02.jpg

SkyePhelps
02-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Oh and as always... Crits and Comments are always welcomed...

Squibbit
02-01-2005, 07:19 PM
it doesn't yet say much :)

she warding off something ?

while waiting for your update i'll post my scribbleringathingawhatamess :

this girl peacekeeper witch has been confronted by a biker wielding a knife
that foils magic. It is not a powerful enough an artifact to negate our heroine's
powers, though, and she uses an item from the antiques shop , one of them
magical snow glasses, this one with miniature scales inside, to topple a bookshelf
on her assailant.
In her other arm is a long deep wound from a similar knife. From a time when she was
much younger. No magic of hers or medicine have been able to completely heal
the wound. Now , in the presence of another such knife her lesser magics are
seeping through the scar and dissipating in the wind.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/panuom/weekly1.jpg

SkyePhelps
02-02-2005, 12:49 PM
hey that's looking really good, I should have some more to throw up later tonight

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.